New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...I just got my OMP today...it looks pretty good, but I was actually doubtin the performance of this equipment...it looks like the ractive tower braces that I have on right now....they both need to drill holes to fit, the only difference is that the OMP is the perfect length, and the holes fit in perfectly, but the Ractive is a bit shorter in length...My question is....how does these bars work? in terms of what they are suppose to do? wasn't it suppose to balances your both tower by makin them work together, thus when turnin, the two wheels can stay on the ground?? does anyway have these on? and any differences??? please help out..thnx

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hmm, you basically answered your own question. Strut braces are just that, braces that keep the strut towers equi-distant during turns reducing body flex in the chassis, allowing the struts to stay more perpindicular to the ground, keeping more of the tire in contact with the road....

Everyone I've heard that has an OMP brace has had nothing but praises for their's. And at only $99, thats why I'm going to get one eventually.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree, i have A SHO-SHOP one, but it does the same thing. In the car frame you have cross beams that hold the car flat. In the engine bay, you have no such cross members, so it is in essence the weakest part of a car. As you go into a turn the outside wheel will positive camber and the inside wheel will negative camber causing the wheels to ride somewhat along their edges. A strut tower brace sits on top of the weakest part of the car and binds them together. forcing the struts to stay flat. underneath you have sway and anti-roll bars that do the same. This is basically a sway bar for the top of the struts. You need to be careful, if the brace is built wrong, or installed wrong, you could attach it to the bolts, and the brace could put too much pressure on the bolts at the top of the struts and shear them off. then your screwed. Just more info for ya.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DUDE, I LOVE you rims, were did you get them, please tell me somewhere online or somewhere that is a major chain. I WANT THOSE RIMS!!!!!! IM GONNA RIP 'EM OFF YOU !!!! j/k are they available in 18?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnx for the inputs guys, I was just wonderin if something designed so simple can actually be of much help..but Im gonna put it on....so I actually have to drill holes to my body? the strut tower? well, we'll see...
To answer the question of my rims..they are TeamLoco 18 inch, there should be a link to it on the web....in www.fastcougar.com, its either Victoria Tires or ...well, one of them..I didn't get them through there..I got it from this shop taht my friend own....good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.