New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing them, should i Take out the factory one??? It may seem like a dumb question, but someone told me i should take them out, i just want reassureance. I have the guages from ProCarParts and they are ones you install without removing the needles!!

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
i didnt take my stock guage faces off and i dont have a problem with mine. i dont think you need to take them off

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dude for ur input, i really appreciate it, but has ne one else tooken theirs off or just left on??? Id just like to know? and how they are working if u left on, cause i tried leavin stock on and my needles are sticking!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I took my original gauge face off and bought that face from ProCarParts!
Boy did I get screwed! Twice! First on the side marker lights that werent even compatible, shouldve been my first clue. Second the face gauge I bought was missing the high beam filter, the radiator filter, and the I think seat belt filter. It was a total of three. It looks fine, really really bright though I dont even bother turning on the brights, cause w/o the filter the light shines through right in my field of vision! But i notified ProCarParts and they said in a nut shell I got what i payed for. "Really what did you order sir glow face gauges right do they work ok so theres not really a problem". B.S. huh good luck on a refund though if it messes up!

·
Registered
286 Posts
tell me about it, i wish i knew about this forum before i did half of my mods. thats why i hate doin stuff to my car now. cause either the stuff aint the right way or it needs to be altered in some way which will just winde up pissing me off and me breaking something. having little to no patience isnt good when modding! But heres the thing if you take off the old face, just cut out the old filters and glue them on the new face if it comes w/o some filters. before you glue on the new face turn on the lights, itll brighten up the faces and then decide if you should leave the old one on or not. just an idea of what i prob. shouldve done!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry to bring this back up again, just bored and work and sifting through looking for something that I am not finding. Anyway I had the same problem CougarSVT, forget about turning on your highbeams!! You need sunglasses for that. I took my old ones out and cut out the filters but without making some kind of extension the needles still hit with the filters behind it. I do have the coolant and seatbelt one behind it though, I have them taped up back there, just the highbeams kill you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts