New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of installing my gmk cai and i have a few questions. on the MAF adaptor there is a hole for the sensor. when i put the sensore in, it doesnt fit snug, it wobbles, im afraid it will fall out while driving. i hope im calling this by the correct name, im talking about the little sensor that was in the stock air box.

and another thing, the piece of pipe that goes between the TB and the MAF, the one with 3 holes. the bigger one on the back just doesnt seem to be able to reach and there is the problem of it just coming off agian. can someone who has done it guide me?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,006 Posts
You will need to put a new hose on the IACV, as your original one will not reach. You can get a small section of heater hose and that will do the trick.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow i wish i had known that before i took my car apart. wouldnt it suck for someone if they only had 1 car and didnt find out that they needed *extra* parts untill after everything was taken off?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Originally posted by: sidkid
wow i wish i had known that before i took my car apart. wouldnt it suck for someone if they only had 1 car and didnt find out that they needed *extra* parts untill after everything was taken off?
That's what always happens to me and that why I am thankful for the board....ask before you install

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well it is installed, about 5 or 6 hours total. didnt get to test it out as its raining bad now and i dont want to be stranded somewhere in the rain. ill test it tommorow

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: sidkid
:wave: lol...

happend to me at 7am while at cougarfest... i needed three bolts to attach my maf adapter, didn't have any! - luckly, my mom who came down with me was nice enough to zip over to the store while i took a nap. woke up at 10am, got the bolts, continued installing the intake, almost finished and realized i was short ONE 48 size metal ring bracket! :mad: - thankfully, someone there had one... it was one size too big, but we made it fit.

heh... its not so bad being at home and 'missing parts' but when you are in another country, in a strange city, far from home... dont mod! :tongue:

go for a test drive.... you will like it :biggrin:

oh- and to hold on that sensor thing - i used automotive clear sealant... so its air tight and water proof :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.