New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have those instructions... now that I look at things, it looks right.

But can you verify that the yellow is the wire that runs to the switch? I have the paperwork, but it's all in japanese/chinese, so I'm not a hundred percent sure.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
my relay had a schematic on it.. no question about which wire was which ... or you can just look at the resistance across the contacts to determine what is what...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Oh God, you bought that s2000 button with the chinese instructions...I had that, and I couldn't get the relay right, then I couldn't get a good ground because of the way the set-up of the ground wire is...so I got rid of it and bought an Ignited button. Illumnated and everything, even with English instructions, and no way to screw up the wiring!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
make sure you put it in the place where the cigarette lighter is, just like i did:biggrin:

sorry, the pic is kinda blurry, but you can see it, i have the S2000 button too, and my insrtuctions came in english:cover:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: Instigator
make sure you put it in the place where the cigarette lighter is, just like i did:biggrin:

sorry, the pic is kinda blurry, but you can see it, i have the S2000 button too, and my insrtuctions came in english:cover:

I'm not mounting in the cigarette lighter, as I don't have one anymore (remember the HU relocation :)) -- it's going on the drivers side kick panel.

Could you send me the English version of those instructions?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have that set of instructions printed, but I need an English version of the schematics from the S2000 relay... I don't think the right colored wires are currently installed in the right places, and I have no way to verify, as there isn't a schematic anywhere (including on the relay itself)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I understand what you're saying since I had the same exact problem with the same button. That how-to doesn't help because you don't know if the right color wires are in the right spots on the relay. I wish I could help you, but like I said above I had the Japanese directions too, and I just got frustrated and said screw it and bought an ignited button. If anyone has an s2000 button installed, what he needs is the position of the colored wires on the relay box. Like which color wire goes in which spot on the box.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
That was harsh...is this thread still going?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.