·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was planing on useing c02 but what kit is best for me AKA cheapest

·
Registered
404 Posts
I hate to say it but I think a lot of people are gonna call Rice on doing that. Are you doing it to trick people into thinking you are running Nitrous? What if someone sees you purge and wants to race? :disgust:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: BigDaddyTiberius
I hate to say it but I think a lot of people are gonna call Rice on doing that. Are you doing it to trick people into thinking you are running Nitrous? What if someone sees you purge and wants to race? :disgust:

BTW for saying that your are commiting rice
anyway most showcar that have nitrous hook-up never even filled the bottle - i guess thats rice
the showcars that have the bottle filled only use them to purge - i guess thats rice
and why would i race i have a ATX cougar

trick people into thinking i have nitrous why would that be tricking them i dont get it

if i drive by and purge and everyone like "damn" or "thats hot"
then im happy
i dont need to race
if i did i wouldnt have got a coug

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: BigDaddyTiberius
What if someone sees you purge and wants to race? :disgust:
well then i guess they race me and if they spray then they win
wow that not a big deal

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
You need a bottle, SS line, Purge kit, and your good to go.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats it
do i need like sernoids or any kind of anythin else
so bottle - 150
ss line - hardware store - 20 or so
purge kit - 80

and then install it my self

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
No solenoids other than the purge. The Purge uses a solenoid...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so your positive that if i order a bottle, ss lines, and a purge kit im go to go

trying to get it for christmas

thaks alot

can anyone else confirm this

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
You'll need brackets for the bottle, as you want to mount it properly.

But that's all you need.

Basically you have the bottle---------SS Line to Purge valve---------Purge valve----------purge hose to Z3 fender

Not too tough...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Same question answered last week.

I still just don't understand getting only a purge kit. It's the same thing as throwing a "Type-R" badge on your Cougar. You are showing off something that you don't have. By purging you are saying "Look at me... I have nitrous!" But you DON'T!!! Believe me that nitrous is a huge attention getter. Everyone is going to want to see your setup and go for a ride. What are you going to tell them?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
even if i did have it
i wouldnt give people a ride just to use the nitrous
i would tell them its for show purposes just like the body kit and the rims and ost of the stuff that people think is "cool"

if i did hook it up i would NEVER use it since it decrases engine serverely

BTW my cars in the shop now
one of my valves seized - 2 grand in repairs just something to think about evertime you push that button

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nah it not to think im cool its for shows
just out of curious why do you a body kit and rims just so people think your cool or for show

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If someone asks you if you have nitrous when they see you purge, are you actually going to tell them its CO2? Cuz if you said its really nitrous, your just dumb. Plus, you wont get points in shows for having a nitrous kit that isnt hooked up. Well at least you wont get the maximum amount of points. I think its just stupid to make a purge kit without nitrous. RICE!!!!! I will be purging pretty soon, but i am actually going to have nitrous. I may use it once or twice at the track and on the dyno, and thats about it. But i will purge it, and ACTUALLY HOOK IT UP!!!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so whats thre point your going to be purgeing but not using it
that what i want to do
plus im never going to a track or getting it dynoed

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
What's the point? I am not going to lie to myself and say that the only reason people have a purge kit is for its intended use. It's people's nature to like to show off. Purging is showing off that you have a nitrous kit. So the point is... He is purging and showing off the fact that he has nitrous. You want to purge and show off that you have nitrous too.... But you don't. Would you plaster JL Audio stickers all over your car if you had a stock stereo? Would you put a V8 badge on your car if you had a stock motor? It's the same thing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts