New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick read here. I'm following Royce home from the Pool Hall tonight, and I suddenly see him make a quick swerve. I get about as far as "Why did he..." when I see what initially looks like a trash bag. Royce was able to straddle it (kinda strange though because his Civic sits lower than my Coug...) and miss it, I couldn't swerve in time and I feel this loud impact, the left front felt like it came off the ground, another loud BANG, the exhaust rattle a little, then no more. I pulled into the nearest parking lot, and got out to survey the damage. I look under the car, and while the suspension looks good (missed the trans case by about 4 inches, thank god), there is a very large dent in the underside of the car near where the drivers feet would be I would guess. The damage continues back, with several large scratches in the exhaust, but no dents thankfully.

Once I knew the car was mechanically sound, I hauled ass back to where the object was. I found a very large rock, probably larger than a football, sitting in the turn lane next to the lane I was in. Nearby was a medium sized garbage back that was obviously intentionally wrapped around the rock (I could see the knot from where they tied it together). The rock itself has a huge scuff on it from its journey under the car.

So I feel very certain that some punk kids thought it would be funny to set this rock in the road and disguise it as a garbage bag, then sit back and watch the carnage. I couldn't see anyone nearby, but so help me God if I ever could find them. I am so infuriated its not even funny, Royce honestly was scared when he saw the rage on my face, I probably could have ripped a lightpost down I was so pissed. Thats one thing about me. My car may look like a big hunk of ****, but if you **** with it, I will unleash the fury of hell on you. If I could ever find the punk bastards who put that rock there, I will do things to them that would make Al Qaeda step back and say "Hey now..." :mad:

Here's a couple pics, best I could do with the darkness.

Scuff on the subframe from the inital impact.

The major impact

Scratches on the exhaust (how it didn't rip that off I'll never know)

I'll get a better look at it after the sun comes up and update if I find any further damage.

Goddamn punk ass little douchenozzles!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

· Premium Member
31,347 Posts
Bobby, do you remember what happened the last time you jumped to conclusions about someone doing something to your car despite not having any proof at all the group you accused of doing you dirty did anything to you at all?

· Christmas cutie
5,682 Posts
Bobby, see if your insurance company allows you to file road hazard claims. if they do, get an estimate and get it fixed that way. Sorry for your bad luck, man. You seem to have a lot of it.

· Premium Member
31,347 Posts
Come on Ryan. Everyone knows that kids these days are just a bunch of punks up to nothing but douchebaggery.
And we certainly have ample proof of that here on NECO!

· Tornado Alley Moderator
1,454 Posts
Bobby, do you remember what happened the last time you jumped to conclusions about someone doing something to your car despite not having any proof at all the group you accused of doing you dirty did anything to you at all?

You know as I was reading this post I was trying to think of how I was going to word my answer.....and BBOX hit the nail right on the head.

I agree with you....it does suck Bobby, but unless you see someone do something it does NO good to accuse anyone or any type of person of anything.

· Registered
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A big rock wrapped in a trash bag in the middle of the road must have been done intenionally. How else would it get there?? :shrug:
Exactly, bags don't wrap around rocks and tie knots to hold them on all on their own. I mean if it was just a rock, then yeah, ok, maybe it just fell out of someone's truck. But I asked Royce afterwards, and he said the bag was definitely wrapped around the rock and he also initially thought it was just a bag. It was very obvious that it was put there intentionally.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.