New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to protuning's website, but they have no phone #, i want to order the all fiberglass kaminari hood, but i cant reach them. i sent them an email, but no response.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
he'll come on the board in due time.... when he does he'll reply to this message and give you all the info... it's monday you gotta let some people recover

G

·
We reply to all emails within 12 hours. During the day much less than that. We handle all customer service questions and orders via email. We have been handling our customers pretty well with no complaints.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
PT, I have a question relating to the hoods, What is the weight difference between the fiberglass hood and the Carbon Fiber hood? Is the price difference worth the weight savings, without taking into account the "gee whiz" factor of having a full Carbon Fiber hood.

Wife had a good point. Most cars you see around here with a different color hood is due to "******* body work"
IE: gettin Bubba's white El Camino hood on your red El Camino becuz you shot a hole in yours provin you could hit that damn beer bottle with yer trusty shotgun.

Only a select few would figure out what it really was, but if the weight difference is great enough, then it's another story

G

·
If you are just going for weight, just get the fiberglass hood. 7-10 pounds is not going to help you track time. Save your money and get some power under the hood.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
PT...I have a few questions for you...

How do the hoods come...primered, etc?
How is the carbon fiber insert on there? Will it peel off one day?
Do you have some sort of grill/fence type part to fit inside the scoop, to make it look cool, or do I have to make one myself?
How much for shipping?
How long to get one...cause I want one within the next few weeks

Thanks...you da man

·
Registered
225 Posts
pgtatx:

The hoods are gel-coated, ready for paint.
The CF insert is laid with the fiberglass and sits flush on the hood, no it won't 'peel' off.
The hood comes with a grille insert.
All prices include shipping.
(Depending on what protuning has in stock) Via snail-mail, the hood will arrive in a couple weeks probably..even quicker if you ordering via credit/paypal.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
protuning, my email was not responded to, how about u just post a number that i can contact u in a response to this message..i want to do business with you.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Protuning, I know you are a business and trying to be effective
but it is bad business practice if you do not make your Phone Number available. And actively withold that Phone number from someone who requests it. I for one will not order from any company that I cannot
contact via telephone.

G

·
That's fine. We understand that. However we have been servicing NECO members for quite some time. Ask around about us if you like... and if you still don't feel comfortable, we will be happy to give you the numbers of some competitors so you can still get your part. Although no one will have a better price.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Ok...got some more questions...about quality:

Fiberglass hood, how long will it last, before it cracks, bends, splits, etc.?? Weight?

Carbon Fiber Hood, How long will it last? How well does it wear over time? Weight? Any Colored CF or only black/gray?

Cause i know fiberglass hoods are known to crack over time, and sometimes it could be a week. I don't want a flying rock to mark up my hood with cracks...So Will the fiberglass one last, or do I have to get the CF one to be happy. Honestly, the CF one will be cheaper for me, since I save on painting it. And on a Silver car, I think a CF hood would look cool.

·
Registered
346 Posts
CF hood must be wet sanded and clear coated so ur still looking at around 150 before u put it on.

And yes it comes in other colors which protuning supplys.

They have the regular black, red, blue, green and yellow BUT green and yellow are special orders. Also with the green and yellow lead time will 15-20 days.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
protuning, u did not respond to my post about how i could order a hood. this is upsetting, because i want to do business with you. none of my emails have been answered either. im not mad, just dissapointed, i am really looking to get that hood.

G

·
Where are you emailing? We answer emails all day long every day. Maybe your email is messed up. We have sold many parts to the other NECO members here. Feel free to post a question about us. I'm sure we will have good support from our previous customers. Kaminari warranties all parts. If they crack for no reason (i.e. hitting a tree)they will replace it. We have yet have had to replace a Kaminari part.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Thanks for the honest response. I should have some "play" money coming in soon. If it turns out like I think it will, I'll be talking to you soon

G

·
We take Paypal or Money Orders at this time. There is a pretty good explanation of how to order on the website. Click on "Order" and that should help you out. We were taking personal checks, but um... had a few bounce. Sucks what people do when you already give them a rock bottom price. Sorry if you feel that I am ignoring you or whatevers. Believe me, if there was an email, we would have replied.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
protuning, i went to your website and i hit order, that did not help me out. it says the same thing that i already did. it gives your eamil adress of [email protected] and says "send payments". i do not know how to send payments through paypal without a link. i do think that if sending payments through paypal over email is feasible than it is my responsibility to know how, but your website, in my opinion, should give this information and be more detailed on how to go about actually ordering products. by the way, in my opinion,<u> "sorry if you feel that i am ignoring you or whatevers</u>" is not an appology, but it is an ignorant statement. after my second email, i did get a response. it was from Ben. he was very kind and polite. he answered all my questions sufficently. If you would please give me this information, i would like to get your name and your position/status with protuning.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
protuning, please give me your name and your status with protuning.

G

·
First of all I wasn't apologizing because we did nothing wrong. I am only sorry that you are having such a difficulty with ordering from us. Not trying to be mean, but it is not our fault that you do not know how to use Paypal. How can you have an account with Paypal and not know how to use it? You might try visiting the Paypal website to find out how to use the services you have signed up for. As for my status with Protuning.com, if you are asking what is my position, you are talking to the owner. If it is going to be a hassle for you to order through Paypal or Money Order, may I suggest you ordering directly through Kaminari as they will take credit cards online. I have talked to Ben about this already, and it seems we have both tried to help you as best we can. You are getting upset, irritated, or dissapointed for no apparent reason. I wish that we could please everyone... we really try. I guess you just can't please everyone.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.