New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Im selling this Prototype kit on ebay. This is a "buyer beware"......mainly because it is a non proven design(and not a very good one at that). But...i am asking only enough money to pay for the turbo,wastegate,injectors,stainless oil lines...etc.

Thanks, Nathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its a buyer beware here on neco , and yet in the auction you say you guarantee fitment? thats pretty shady man

This kit is complete with a T3/T4 Turbonetics 50 trim turbo, delta wastegate, turbonetics bov, K&N filter. This kit was used as a prototype and never dynoed. We gauruntee fitment. We also gauruntee that this kit will work(OR MONEY BACK!!). The kit is powder coated and polished. This kit is good for 255WHP or more. If you have any questions please feel free to email us at [email protected] There is NO RESERVE ON THIS KIT!!!!!! This kit can fit both the Ford Contour and Mercury Cougar! Thanks, Stephen Brown

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please keep your bs comments to yourself. The kit fits...thats old news. It also says it has never been dynoed. What part of this is shady.....non!!

It seems to me you just want to start out bashing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by: naynay
Please keep your bs comments to yourself. The kit fits...thats old news. It also says it has never been dynoed. What part of this is shady.....non!!

It seems to me you just want to start out bashing.

hah ok man, good luck selling it

bs comments? I think they are pretty legit to ask. Why would I pay for something that you say is guaranteed to fit....and yet on here you say "buyer beware". And why do you have your name as Stephen on that site and Nathan on here? These are all legit questions to you. Given the circumstances, and you not providing suffiecient information it DOES seem shady at this time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So what all is included with the kit you don't say on the site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It comes with all stainless oil lines,Delta wastegate,T3 hybrid turbonetics,39lbs injectors,bov...no FMU. Most of my sales come from people asking questions on my ebay items. Keeping some info back "usually" is my way to get to know them and show them good customer relations. It can be annoying sometimes to the buyer...but on the other hand, if they know what they are talking about and know alot about turbo's, they will know things are missing and ask. It keeps me from having to deal with "dreamers" that don't know alot about these items. So far its working very well.

This kit is a good starter....or a good base.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jagular....have you dealt with the Super 60 from Turbonetics? Thinking about trying one on the Prelude h22 that we are about to make. Just trying to find someone that has used them.

Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nope on the super 60 just the T04Es, the Tseries (66-88mm) and the Thumpers (91-106mm). I'm sure that the super 60's are just as good. Does the kit come with a MAF meter?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does the kit come with a MAF meter?[/quote]

No....better off controlling everything through the ECU(reflash). Havnt had much luck with programming the Maf through Pro-M.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Originally posted by: naynay
Does the kit come with a MAF meter?
No....better off controlling everything through the ECU(reflash). Havnt had much luck with programming the Maf through Pro-M.[/quote]

Big Surprise:rolleyes:

Anytime you reprogram the MAF for bigger injectors you ADD timing which is no good for a turbo application. If you did try to run the car like that it's lucky you didn't blow the motor. I've posted about that in the Zetec forums. Also why it's not a good idea to just use bigger injectors and a AFC to control the fuel, it does the same thing.

That's why without a return line, it's tough to turbo our cars. As you are finding out, it's controlling the ECU with either a reflash or chip that's the hard part. That's why there's only two tuners of note that have kits for either the Zetec or Duratec, TurboTom and Streetflight. They took the plunge and found out how to tune the ECU for boost.

You making it three tuners, or are you just gonna make one kit for yourself.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Thinking about trying one on the Prelude h22 that we are about to make
That's cool you're turboing a Lude huh?
Oh did you finish your car yet? :rofl: just messin with ya man.
Good luck!
finish it and roll out to Cougar Fest 2004 with us Ohio people next year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: gyger
Thinking about trying one on the Prelude h22 that we are about to make
That's cool you're turboing a Lude huh?
Oh did you finish your car yet? :rofl: just messin with ya man.
Good luck!
finish it and roll out to Cougar Fest 2004 with us Ohio people next year.

Your killing me here....im doing the waiting game with the reproduction kit. It should be done within two weeks:rolleyes:.

You don't like ludes? My friend Ryan has talked me into doing it, should be ALOT easier than this Cougar.:banghead:

And yes i plan on reflashing the ecu.....i would never just reprogram the maf. ANd ...yes the deal is with this company making the reproduction is, if the kit works i am obligated to buy 10 kits.....to keep the price down. So im praying they get it right the first time so i can get this Cougar out of my garage.

Thanks alot:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts