New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what i should do to protect my painted dash? its a flat color and dont want it to scratch or anything. any tips?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I painted my glossy (matching bodycolor and clearcoated it). My car is a daily driver, so it's exposed to a lot of scratching risk. Well, all I can really say is just be careful when you reach for buttons and stuff so you don't scratch the paint with your fingernails or whatever. I don't wear a watch or ring (not yet anyway :D) so I have no worries there.

Oh yeah, I also waxed my painted pieces so they're easier to wipe down when they get dusty or finger-printy (I just invented a word). Somewhat of a related topic.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I regularly wax all my painted parts... use some quick detailer as well.. ditch the armor-all and anything greasy thats just a no-brainer...

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you want to keep the Flat color clearcoat it with Dull Cote.Same as clearcoat but it will keep your paint flat...I know that Testors makes it but not sure if dupli-color or plasti-cote makes it?I would think they would though.

·
Registered
719 Posts
you can also get a dash cover... not as nice as painting with a flat clear coat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts