New Cougar Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
First start video
This first start is super rough sounding, its actually a lot better now after some tweaks, still a little detonation in the exhaust but overall the car sounds really good. Very nice purrr.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
The newest PCM that I bought wasn't recognizing the key. I tried using Forscan to reprogram but that wasn't working. A couple of emails to the Forscan tech support dept identified that PCM was somehow locked out as a rental car so they wouldn't be able to help me with it. I went back to the original PCM that I had problems with the first time, and it worked!
So I suspect we inadvertently fixed something in the wiring without realizing we were doing it.
I have Identified one of my big connecctors doesnt click well so that could have been a contributing factor.
We also did replace the Battery junction box so that was definitely part of the problem at some point.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

The Forscan license is only $10 for a year, but you have to have the correct dongle as well, and those are a little more.
Also, getting the dongle and computer set up and functional was sort of unreasonably difficult but I managed to figure it out and I'm no computer whiz.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Forgot I meant to post the improved throttle bracket. It needs to be stripped and repainted, and I need to extend the CC cable, but I think its pretty decent. As others have done, we just cut up the two donor brackets and frankensteined them together into one.

·
Administrator
24,304 Posts
Somebody could make it financially worth their while to mass-produce 3.0 and SVT cable brackets.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Yeah, maybe full 3.0 swap kits with all the "adapted" parts needed for the swap in one convenient package. I would have bought such a package. I'm not sure how many more of these cars are going to get this treatment though, not many I think.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts