New Cougar Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Making progress, if even only in our heads.
While I've been exiled to England for the winter I've been combing through the wiring manual and building composite wiring diagrams and troubleshooting guides. Dad has been checking circuits one by one.
He has discovered a broken connector inside the battery junction box associated with the starter relay diode.
We were lucky enough to find a new old-stock BJB on Ebay so thats on the way. Hopefully its the miracle we've been looking for.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I came really close to buying an SVT yesterday just to use as a side by side comparison with this car for troubleshooting circuits.
I got over-ruled by my smarter half...for now...

Progress on this car is basically stalled out right now until I can go to Arizona again to try to troubleshoot it. Dad is sick of looking at it and anxious to move on with his own projects. I don't blame him for that, this car should have been out of his way six months ago.
I think if my next trip to AZ doesn't result in success, I may have no choice but to get another car to compare it to. I'm running out of ideas. In fact, I might even look for a car I can buy when I fly out there instead of renting one.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
That's good to know...Maybe I just start replacing entire harnesses? Whats his real name? (PM me)

·
So its begun.....
16,832 Posts
😲 Holy cow! What a ride. Just got caught up. Did you get your OBD2 port to register yet? What is the current status?

141 - 146 of 146 Posts