New Cougar Forum banner
241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
I used sheet metal screws for the cover I made for the yellow car. They've never caused me any problems. No rust or anything in that area.

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
I got the fuel pump changed and that worked. Still need to patch the cut-up section. More importantly though, I finally got it home! I may not get it into full service until after the winter now due to this time of year sucking for car work, but at least I can continue to push on it when I can. I had trouble with the battery during the trip, trouble with one of the tires, and a suspected vacuum leak so I may need to address those issues before I can really get into the good stuff.
I'll probably just try to take care of the battery and tire this weekend, and do a full evaluation of the whole car to punchlist everything left to do on it.
Also need to wash and wax it.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Make sure you get a big piece of cardboard, write everything in black sharpie, and then stick it to the windsheild somehow. Works like a charm.

Reactions: mmc757

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

The tips certainly had me nervous but we made it without any issues.

·
Registered
390 Posts
View attachment 82214 View attachment 82215 View attachment 82216

The tips certainly had me nervous but we made it without any issues.
I think I have a spare tip you might be interested in. I pulled a full borla exhaust last year from a car and one tip has a rub through the carbon fiber can with the metal ends still being good, the other tip seems to be fully intact. If you're interested I could take a pic. shipping would only be from Mass.

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
I'm good, mine are both still in great shape. Thanks though.

241 - 246 of 246 Posts