New Cougar Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
I'm beginning to form a plan for moving this car to the east coast in the late spring. I think I'm going to ship it. Looks like I can ship for around $1200-$1400 which is right in the same ball park as my estimate for driving it and certainly cheaper than towing it myself. Plus it saves me the week of travel time. I love a good road trip but I only need to drive across the middle of the country so often...

Also ordered dad a little gift. Its a small return on his time investment but I'm sure he will love it.
Diecast.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Also ordered dad a little gift. Its a small return on his time investment but I'm sure he will love it.
View attachment 81361
BAH! Just realized this isn't the larger model! This is only a 1:43 scale, there's a 1:18 scale that I really wanted. I got distracted by the silver! I dont see any good prices on the 1:18 right now so I guess this is going to have to do for now.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
I filled out a quote request online for car shipping shipping last week and ever since my phone has been SWAMPED with texts, calls, and emails. I stopped counting but I've got to be well over a hundred replies deep.
They say to choose a transporter who gets good reviews but how am I supposed to sort them out with literally dozens of different carriers all claiming to have trucks going through Lake Havasu, Arizona...a very small and remote location that couldn't possibly have more than a few car transporters stopping there every week?
Havasu is between Phoenix and Vegas so I suppose its possible that trucks pass through frequently but still, I was expecting five or six replies, not the mass torrent that I got. Its worse than inquiring about life insurance!

201 - 206 of 206 Posts