New Cougar Forum banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Also this:

He added a jack point nub and a skid plate for the front lower O2 sensor onto the front subframe.
I told him the skid plate wasn't necessary because the ABS tray should protect it, but he forgot about that and got carried away. :LOL: :LOL:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
This virus needs to end.
I was hoping to get a week out there getting the car tuned in October but travel restrictions aren't cooperating.

Dad has now rebuilt the entire A/C system and done a successful vacuum drop test on it. So that's cool. I'll have functional air conditioning in a Cougar...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Dads been trying to charge the refrigerant but the engine keeps dying when the compressor kicks on.
I'm wondering if maybe this is a Fidanza side effect...I told him to adjust the throttle stop to run the idle up a bit.
He also pulled the plugs out and they were pretty gummy already so I think we're going to change the oil and switch to SVT injectors for now until I can get the tune sorted. Who knows? It might even just run right with the smaller injectors.
I think I have a set in my basement but I need to find them, and I'm not sure what style connector they are either, so I may end up needing to buy some.
It would be nice if I could find some 19# EV6 injectors designed for the oval ports...

·
Administrator
15,474 Posts
I had a Fidanza and perfectly working AC for years so I don't think it would be that.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Dads been trying to charge the refrigerant but the engine keeps dying when the compressor kicks on.
Did you guys change the orifice tube? A blocked orifice tube can cause the car to stall pretty quickly, even the 280hp engine in the GMT360 is no match for a blocked orifice tube.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Yeah, the whole system except for one piece of pipe is brand new.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts