New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after tons of posts about it and many rumors.... I am just gonna squash it right here... Here is some photos from the 'planned' modification for Project Cougar during 2003 Winter. I stress that this is planned simply because NO ONE knows if this will work or not, but I am going to give it my best shot... This is not the only plan for Project Cougar v3.0 but its one of the biggest.

Click Here to see Photos....

Comments? Thoughts?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dose this mean your going to start to sell more interior parts for right hand drive cougars james.
that will look sweat man.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
so intead of importing a Euro Cougar you just bought a salvaged Euro dash? can you just relocate the steering wheel and pedals then leave the rest LHD?

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All of these parts are BRAND NEW.... All of the parts for the swap are NOT Pictured... I was just posting photos of the dash that i put together today.... there is 60+ parts involved in this swap... price tag of this swap is looking around 10k

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Other than having to relocate the steering setup and the clutch, I don't forsee it being entirely difficult, based simply on the fact that many drivers ed cars (at least here) have a gas/brake pedal on the passengers side AND the drivers side.

Either way....sweet conversion idea James. RHD is gonna be weird...especially shifting left handed.

Wanna ship me your old dash if you don't need it :):):):):):)

And when does bidding on your passenger air bag guages begin as now you can't use it, or the ones in your upper light counsel as they face the wrong way :):):):)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
its cool and all...but I dont see the purpose.... I've seen japanese cars with RHD conversions...because in the country they were made, they were RHD, they are trying to get the true JDM thing. Cougars on the other hand, are american and only made RHD for europe and mail carriers.... So either you are trying to be JDM or get a second job delivering the mail...either way, its a crapload of money

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
what is that thing next to where the ebrake will be in that consoel? a location to hold your pen for your palm pilot?

the worst thing about this is that all the interior mods you had done will have to be re done only now with custom made parts... meaning all your gauge pods basicly...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
oh man, if that works out right i'll envy you more than i already did:bowdown:

·
Registered
429 Posts
James if this works I will buy your airbag gauge pod from you if you want to sell it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Im not so sure about this mod. Im sure its gonna be difficult, and you are the only us cougar to do this, but i dont see the point...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Originally posted by: Q4kntmare
Im not so sure about this mod. Im sure its gonna be difficult, and you are the only us cougar to do this, but i dont see the point...
show points dood;)

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

When you dream of having something that is unlike nothing else of its kind, there is a point....

I am doing this mod for MYSELF... I have wanted this mod and have researched it for over 3 years since I saw my first photo of a RHD cougar. Now its a reality... well close to it...

With all the latest Copy Cat Mods coming out, I am attempting a mod that will be very hard to Copy for US Cougars.

As far as my gauges pods... you all are right, they are useless to me at this time. However I am working to get them mass produced.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Originally posted by: ProjectCougar

When you dream of having something that is unlike nothing else of its kind, there is a point....

I am doing this mod for MYSELF... I have wanted this mod and have researched it for over 3 years since I saw my first photo of a RHD cougar. Now its a reality... well close to it...

With all the latest Copy Cat Mods coming out, I am attempting a mod that will be very hard to Copy for US Cougars.

As far as my gauges pods... you all are right, they are useless to me at this time. However I am working to get them mass produced.
Ahh makes sense now. Its truely sad, its gotten to the point where you have to mod your car to the point of where it cant be copied. You have set the standard for all of the cougar owners, and when your at that point it makes it hard not to have members copy you. Personally, i've got that fiberoptics in which no one has copied, and im glad for that. I, like you, modify my car to be original.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Speaking of Drivers Ed cars, their is a 2001 v6 Cougar ATX here in town that is a Drivers Ed car for one of the schools. It has right hand gas/brake :)
Just thought i'd share :)

1 - 20 of 132 Posts