New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen instructions for how to program an additional remote using the original. However I lost my orignal remote, and bought another off ebay and cannot figure out how to program it. Can anyone tell me how to program it without taking it to the dealer?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I honestly think there is no way to do this yourself unless you have a remote that is already programmed. I would just take it in and get it programmed, knowing that you at least saved quite a bit of money already buying the remote on ebay. After you get this one programmed, do yourself a favor and order another one and program that one yourself. That way if you lose one, you still have another one to program a replacement with.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think, maybe, you guys are confusing the remote with the key..
I programmed a new remote, without a working 2nd.
Put key in ignition, and turn to the "ON" position. Then back to the "OFF" position.
You will have to do this four times within 10 seconds.
Finally the red light on the panel will stay lit, and you will press any key on the remote to program.
That's it. Few simple steps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.