New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is so far. Let me know what you think. Also do you think the flares are warped?!

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. I think you need the duct tape more than me. My car is in Lewis right now or Nassau (sounds like nasaw) it is right over the bridge. The sign says the barn something. The new image guy moved down there. He is stressing out because our cars have so many body lines. For him having to mold the car and shave the door handles on the lines is making him nervous, but he says he can do it. He just wants to make sure its right. lol. We are going to cut the side skirt to go with the body line for a custom look. IF we ever get non warped fender flares then we will be in good shape

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol good point. I can see it now "The Duct Tape Duo"! You know what, we should see if we can make a meet out of this. Have all the guys come down, then go to the beach. We could all meet at the shop. But if not yeah name a time and date and we will go from there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
He says the car should be done late august. We sent back the fender flares and are going with bubble flares. Here is an idea but it will look a lot smoother and actually flow with the car. I am trying to get a hold of him so maybe we can meet up this weekend. I will keep you posted. Hey you guys notice we have a girl now in DENECO! She has not posted on our board yet, but its nice to see that we are actually growing.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Eghh, that car you posted was an old Maryland NECO member, Magoo. He sold his car in delaware a little while back. I didn't really favor his flares due to him not getting wheel spacers.

Your coog looks good Jack! Can't wait to see it finished!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok guys, here is the update so far. After sending back the fender flares and looking for new ones, I found that I really could not find anything better. So I reordered the same flares and they should be here by tomorrow. I am going down this weekend to Lewis to check out the flares and to work on his comps. We are going to cut the shark fin out of the side skirt and just go with the bottom edge to make it flush with the fender flares. He should be finishing on the fitting and starting on the molding once these flares are in. Then on to paint and then hopefully get my car back before the 28th. Let me know if anyone once to go with me this weekend. Either write in on here or pm me.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i had wheel spacers from H&R just never installed them. They are still sitting infront of my other computer at my dad's house. They've been taken out of the box that is it. I am willing to let them go for like 50$ I believe they are 1-2" spacers.Pm me if you are interested. I'd love to get rid of them

edit- man that brings back memories... i miss that Cougar. Anyone still see it in the area? I miss that car

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well guys I finally got the car back! It looks like crap!!! The front bumper is not flush with the rest of the car, the paint has dirt and crap in it with a bunch of build up. So right now our lawers are getting involved. As of now we are going to take it to another place and they are going to fix it and the company that crapped up my baby is going to pay for the damages as well as pain for him having the car for such a long period of time leaving us with nothing to drive. So yeah. I do know the paint color kicks some serious butt, just not the paint job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.