New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ijust hav a quick question, will a procharger supercharger from the ford focus work on our cars considering a few custom intake pipes here and there for the intercooler? Also has anyone ever done this b4 on a zetec?

Thanx

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? I might b picking one up shortly off a guy on focaljet and needed to know asap if this setup would work without huge modification. Its a procharger supercharger for a zx3 99-04.
Please let me know any info about this kit b4 i pik it up.

Thanx,
Dan

·
Registered
446 Posts
If it is a Front Mounted Intercooler Setup, you will have to fabricate your own piping to the intercooler. It won't just bolt up.

Also, I don't know if the alternator mounting is the same. You could probably fabricate you own bracket if necesssary.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i bought it, got the whole kit for $2000 so its not to bad, the guy has a front mount intercooler and it is set a 10psi which is good for 220 whp and 180-190 wtq. So that should be plenty. Also i like this kit alot since it is a centrifugal supercharger which means it works like a turbo almost, and builds boost around 4k all the way to redline. you can also up the psi by easily with the switch of a pulley which will hit 15 psi and net around 250-260 whp and 210-220 wtq but that requires some engine beefing up. Hopefully it fits tho since it comes off the throttle body and runs down on the driver side right over the transmission and then through the intercooler where it bolts up to the sc which is mounted on the passenger side jus infront of the UDP. Hopefully it fits and if worse comes to worse i can get the bracket for the sc pulley fabricated, if not ill put it up for sale i guess.

Dan

·
Registered
235 Posts
well good luck with that man, sounds like a good deal. i dont know if i could handle the belt side being even more tight than it already is though. let me know how it works out!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ye it sits really low, on the focus you can see the piping from the intercooler to the sc under the bumper , literally. I t hangs really low to the ground and some ppl hav had issues of smacking things so i gotta b careful. Other then that if you seen the setup youll know what im talking about on how it should fit. If i find a pic ill post it.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
bye bye AC...i assume that is where it is going to mount up to the block anyway...

without all theAC junk in there there might be enough room...definately custom pipes though...our exhaust may even be in the way a little..unless you have a header and no front mounted cat...

cant wait to see it squeezed in there though...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ye im not too worried about a/c. I never use it cuz the car runs like crap when its on. Do i have to get some sort of a/c delete kit with the pulley like the zx2 ones or can i bypass that all together and just get a smaller belt?

Dan

·
Registered
719 Posts
ye im not too worried about a/c. I never use it cuz the car runs like crap when its on. Do i have to get some sort of a/c delete kit with the pulley like the zx2 ones or can i bypass that all together and just get a smaller belt?

Dan
I'm sure you'd have to remove everything A/C related to make room. Sounds like a fun weekend project. If you need the bracket modified or a new one made let me know. I can draw it up and send it to my Father in Laws tool shop.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey harddrive, thanx for giving me that option on the bracket if i need it done, I appreciate it. I'll let you guys know how everything goes when i start the project, i have to do my headgasket first b4 i touch anything else.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
hey harddrive, thanx for giving me that option on the bracket if i need it done, I appreciate it. I'll let you guys know how everything goes when i start the project, i have to do my headgasket first b4 i touch anything else.
if ur going to be taking ur head off u should upgrade somethings in there like the cams... u'll have to tune the engine one way or another , might as well throw something else in there plus it will make ur car that much better lmao

·
Registered
133 Posts
So was there any chance that it was going to fit?

I looked into this a while ago but I could have sworn that our subframe would have been right where the procharger needed to sit.

It would be interesting to see if you could make it work by re-locating the alterantor to where the AC compressor is, then put the procharger where the alt used to be. There is plenty of room back there.

BP

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ye im still in the process of rebuilding the stock motor. The headgasket was leaking so now that its in storage, w.e free time i have im working on the motor. As for the s/c my biggest concern is the bracket that bolts to the motor for the belt to run around the pully. other then that im not to worried about gutting the a/c and some cutting and shaving here and there. I do want this car to be pretty much a full out 1/4mile car (not saying im going for 12's anytime soon) but i will be gutting it with drag radial, light weight rims full suspension setup and what not. I will keep you guys posted when i get to the s/c, hoping to have it done by mid february.

Dan

·
1993 3000GT VR4
3,424 Posts
after looking at the pictures again i would put money against it fitting. our lower radiator hose, subframe, AC compressor, windshield washer bottle, tow hook, and AC condensor lines are all in the way. now the AC parts, washer bottle, and tow hook can be removed but there is no way to get around the subframe or the lower radiator hose.

considering i cant even get a 2.5" diameter pipe to the front on that side of the car with the AC system removed there is no way in Hell that the SC is going to fit.

I can get a picture of my zetec from a similar angle if need be.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts