New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vortech Supercharged 1999 Cougar....

I have a huge problem, the vortech company has dropped my vortech kit before I could get the ECU recalibrated... I dont know what to do about this... I have talked to superchips and they think they can send me a programmer to deal with the recalibrations but Im not sure if this will work or not. Plus vortech doesnt really seem to know who did the ecu rework for them to begin with... when people sent in the ecu to be recalibrated??? So I guess my questions are to do with the kit and what changes in the ecu will need to be made? The boost will not exceed 10 psi but do i need to worry about timing maps or fuel maps? And if so what should i set them at... i do not have access to a dyno unless someone rich feels pity for me, cause vortech sure doesnt... Perhaps someone has a spare vortech pcm for sale? Or an extra chip?

Thanks for you time, hope someone can help me, my email is below.

Larry Clevenger

[email protected]

·
Registered
75 Posts
seems to me you have the same problem i did .call vortech and talk to jaime from tech and tell him your situation and tell him ,dont ask, tell him that you paid for a vortech kit and the kit included tuning as well so tell him you want the diablo burned chip asap.and if he b/ss you that it's not possible.tell him that ruben alves from mass has that same chip and it was distributed by him personally.and it took them almost 3 months to finally get it done .but believe me they have the chip and the program your looking for. keep me updated ruben

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Bah, just give Street Flight a call, they have all of the information to program you're car to perfection.

They're going to be doing my S/C'd 3L's chip...

E1

·
Registered
75 Posts
and how much does a custom chip from streerflight cost. why should he pay hundreds of dollars after spending thousands of dollars .it is included in the price of the blower ,if they do not send a tuned chip they are brieching the contract that they are suppose to uphold.i understand that there are plenty of places to get a performance chip but after spending $3500 cash becomes tight.just put yourself in his situation.

N

·
0 Posts
You should get a refund for the amount of a custom chip....pick a good dyno shop that has a Mustang Dynameter with the inertia technology. Chip could run you around $350.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts