New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do the turn the key to on and off 4 times method. press the button on the original transmitter, then press any button on the remote to be programmed. and each button only opens the trunk. actually none of the buttons are really programmed. any sort of vibration or tap to the remote pops the trunk open.

i really dont want to go to the dealer to get this done.

what else can i do?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i don't believe the dealer charges you to do this. i'd just take it to them.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Originally posted by: rista
A dealership do something for free? :rofl:
Mine does.....you just have a crappy dealership.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Originally posted by: rista
A dealership do something for free? :rofl:
Mine does.....you just have a crappy dealership.
agreed. they programmed all of mine for me. the cougar and the focus ones.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for the people who got theirs programmed for free. are you guys still under warranty? my car is way past warranty.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
my cougar was 60,000 over warranty and my focus is brand new. however my local ford dealership is awesome. i've done business with them for quite a while so they appreciate me. just don't go in there demanding "program my remotes!!". just ask someone who isn't doing anything if they'd mind sparing a minute. any good salesman would do it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
MeccaManx2... follow the directions at the bottom of this How-to... it works...

Reprogram Keyless Entry

FYI - you don't need the original transmitter. In fact, you are essentially resetting and re-programming all remotes.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
found the problem. the remote i bought is not compatible. i bought it on ebay and he says its suppose to be interchangeable and he never had this problem. so i sent him the exact numbers on the back of my remote and he is going to send me another remote with the exact numbers as mine. also offered a refund, but i didnt think it was necessary. all i want is a working remote. greatest ebay seller i've ever encountered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts