New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The keyless entry on my cougar dosent work. The car acts like it dosent have it although the prevous owner says it does. The prevous owner claims that the keyless entry just stopped working a year ago and he didnt bother fixing it. I got new remotes but that didnt help anything as I couldnt program them. Any advice out there?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
why couldnt you get them programmed??

G

·
Turn the Car from the off position to the run posistion 4 times within 6 seconds. the led on panel by the rear defrost will come on. within 20 seconds press a button on the remote and the led will start flashing. turn the key to the run position again and then back off and the remote should be programmed.

If there is any mistake in this programming please update. I just did this today but i don't have the instructions in front on me and i couldn't remember 100% cause its been a long day.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I had a problem with mine as well, I unplugged the keyless entry module, plugged it back in, and it's worked ever since. Check out the connection. It's a place to start.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.