New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a plug with two broken purple wires coming out of it which seems to be located under the battery tray. The guy that was working on my tranny in october said the wires probably broke when he dropped it. Problem is, I have no idea what the wires do or where they connect to. The only electrical problem I'm experiencing now is the 'exterior bulb out' light on the upper console comes on and stays on everytime I turn the headlights on. It goes off when I turn them off. I checked every bulb on the car and they are all working fine. Here are the best pics I could take of the wires, you can see the two purple wires, but they just come out of the plug, and are cut. I can't find any other purple wires that would connect to them. Anyone care to tackle this one?

Mike

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
There are several harnesses under the battery box- Everything from your fan switches, to your A/C clutch, to your A/C dryer, to the feed to your O2 sensors... When I had the engine out of a couple of Cougars I remember this, but I don't off-hand know what the purple wires went to. The point of the story is that it's tough to troubleshoot, especially with the ATXs. I will take a look at my MTX over lunch- But with the battery in the way, it's a tight squeeze regardless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.