New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting my 2000 this morning without any problem, put in reverse and there was loud hesitation/bucking. I stopped the engine and now it won't start again, turns over fine, battery is charged. I did a search and found it could be the IACV.... but I have no idea how to test it. Disconnect its bypass hose? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Doesn't sound like the IACV... when mine was bad i never experienced any bucking. For the most part a bad IACV is more of an annoyance than anything. Granted the IACV will make your RPM's fluctuate and at the most stall out, but i've never heard of it doing what you've described. i think you've got a more serious problem going on.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I discovered the issue, more an annoyance than an actual problem. I checked for spark, made sure the cams were spinning(maybe the timing belt). Then I disconnected the fuel rail, cranked and nothing came out. The fuel gauge is reading 1/4 full, so I banged on the fuel filter with no results. Finally I put more gasoline in it, about 4 gallons I have sitting in my garage for my lawn mower(not premix) and it started right up. So my problem is a defective gauge or float I'm guessing?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Another victim of the FORD OEM Fuel Pump Curse... *knock on wood* I have a feeling I might be next

1 - 4 of 4 Posts