New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told (via AIM) that they were in mint condition, even after I asked a number of times for pictures. I took Brandon's word for it, and paid him the 310 dollars he requested. I received them today, and they are filthy, with stains and a burn mark on the passenger side visor. Obviously not what I was promised (will furnish the AIM conversation to anyone that wishes to read it), I asked if he can help me out in the situation -- it's clear from his immediate answer that he could care less. I'm holding to my idea that he may still be able to help reach a resolution, but at the current time, I'd like to make sure all other members that are dealing with him are aware of the situation.

I expected nothing less than the 'mint' visors that he promised me, and while he contends 'that the LCDs alone are worth the money, so I shouldn't be complaining', I believe I was mislead, and that he should take the initiative and do something about it... or this is going to end up like the Crabtree episode that Charles is currently dealing with :(

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
You know... it really pisses me off when the most honest of all NECO'ers gets ripped off. This is the third damn time! All i've got to say is that nobody should get pissy when a buyer asks for pictures of an item after stuff like this goes down.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I guess sometimes, we're to trusting. Hopefully we can get these problems cleared up. I've never had a single problem with anyone before, so hopefully this is a fluke.

Tony

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Theres nothing I can or will do about this."

That is his final response. I will warn all NECO members to stay away from doing business with this individual.

NECO Admins -- any recourse I have in this situation? It's clearly fraud....

·
Registered
364 Posts
will someone please point out this so called BURN mark that i dont see. as i have said to him multiple times i am colorblind so i have issues seeinng problems with things. i don't know what he wants done about it. the car is 4 years old now, so some wear and tear is to be expected, but the visors are not falling apart, and as i said i cannot see colors, i showed him the pictures that i had before he bought them, if he was so adamant that they be perfect he could have asked nicely for me to take other pictures of the visors before he paid. but he did not, i told him from what my eyes can see. personally i don't care anymore, i have asked him 3 times now what he wants done, and 3 times now i get bullshit from him. all i want is WHAT CAN I DO? the visors TVs alone are worth the price he paid, since they retail at 200 each new, so with visors with some wear on them, i feel a fair deal was done, and as i wanted originally was 250 plus stock visors, but he didnt have them so i negotiated a higher price so i can replace my now missing visors with stock ones from a junkyard. which i can bet will be in just a condition as these.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I took the time to convert these pics to black and white. You can't see colors eh? Well with no color what-so-ever they still look like ****.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Im colorblind, being colorblind means that colors do run together, so I can kind of see his point, but however you must be severly colorblind because I can tell pretty easily they are stained.

·
Registered
813 Posts
:rofl: you took the time to make those pics b&w.

If you wanted to resolve this at all, you would just give him his money back and take your product back from him. Real nice attitude you have there. I don't think anyone can make their self look more like an ass than you just did.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: WillieC

If you wanted to resolve this at all, you would just give him his money back and take your product back from him. Real nice attitude you have there. I don't think anyone can make their self look more like an ass than you just did.
yeah, that pretty much says it.

sorry to hear about this Jason... sucks bigtime :(

and take the word of the people who are not colorblind, they are stained, there shouldnt' be any more controversy on weather or not they are, because they are.

N

·
0 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone else know, that I purchased a Zip drive from him a long time ago. The one he shipped didnt work, and the one he said he accidentally didnt ship didnt work either when I recieved it. So I have two non working zip drives at home and im out cash.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
Just wanted to let everyone else know, that I purchased a Zip drive from him a long time ago. The one he shipped didnt work, and the one he said he accidentally didnt ship didnt work either when I recieved it. So I have two non working zip drives at home and im out cash.
Just to clarify, George means YBReal, not me! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are they the only pics he sent you or just the only ones you posted? I was just wondering because if they were the only ones he sent then you should have been skeptical from the beginning when he didnt send you pics of the screen side. Again im just curious, i totally think hes in the wrong, even a blind guy who can see anything could tell you those are dirty.

And a side note. I dont know how the original post was worded but if you said "mint" condition and the product has a little wear and tear from over the years then thats what you need to say.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by: OJE
Just out of curiosity, are they the only pics he sent you or just the only ones you posted? I was just wondering because if they were the only ones he sent then you should have been skeptical from the beginning when he didnt send you pics of the screen side. Again im just curious, i totally think hes in the wrong, even a blind guy who can see anything could tell you those are dirty.

And a side note. I dont know how the original post was worded but if you said "mint" condition and the product has a little wear and tear from over the years then thats what you need to say.
The pictures posted were pictures that I took... he couldn't furnish any pictures close-up for me, but I took his word for it that 'mint' visors were what I was getting. He told me 'mint' -- no deviation from what I expected.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Can they be cleaned? I cleaned some ink marks off my visors when I got my Coug. He should have been honest though and told the true condition. This same thing happened to me on a gauge cluster. I got a broken cluster and the gauge faces were messed up and I got slammed by everyone because they said I should have got pics. The point is...the seller was not honest in this case or mine. Pics should be mandatory in the for sale section.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Get some oxy clean powder, and mix up a solution...

I got some nice stains out of things with that stuff.

(it's good in the laundry too)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts