New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Banned
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was getting ready to pull out of blockbuster video and i was getting ready to turn right and this guy in a van totally blew through this red and slammed into a new gt mustang:eek: , the guy in the van didn't have a seat belt on and he cracked the windsheild with his head, besides bouncing around like a rag doll, i don't but i felt pretty sick after seeing that, i stopped and watched after the accident and turns out the guy was drunk and had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend, i dont know i thought i share but i still kinda feel quizy after seeing that:puke:

· Registered
217 Posts
P.S.

A C.A.R.T. officer (*Crash Accident Response Team*) and I were talking about a year ago about crashes and what no. I called it an "accident" to him and he stopped me and told this too me.

"There is never a ACCIDENT when if comes to it because someone is almost always doing something wrong. It is a Crash. A accident is when you piddle yourself..."

:eek: Thought i would share that with ya haha!!!

· Banned
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funny thing is the guy gets out of the car fine but an ambulance had to take the lady away in an ambulance, funny how it always works out that way and not the other way around?

· Registered
217 Posts
Yea I was going to say that too. It ALWAYS happens that way....the person doing something stupid is the one who never has anything serious happen to them where as the person along for the ride or going about their business in some other way always gets hurt more than the offender. its either that or some stroke of luck they have some crazy close call.

· Registered
217 Posts
Thats exactly right. Booze will do that, they also say if your sleeping during a wreck you are less likely to have serious injury due to your body being relaxed and not resisting the forces of the crash itself.

My friend fell asleep on the free way and hit a guard rail and rolled his truck. Because he was sleeping he only had a bruise from the seat belt and a swollen jaw from the steering wheel.

Which is amazing after seeing the truck. Thing caught on fire and everything.

Apparently booze loosens up your body so in a crash the drunks can absorb more shock than a normal person who end up getting hurt...

· Registered
8,512 Posts
That is definaty true, when you are relaxed you are more flexable and wouldn't get injured as easily as if you were to tensed up, there is more strain on you muscles and bones when you are waiting for it. I think that might be another reason kids generally do well because they don't tense up like we do. But it is proven that because of their flexability, and young bones the are better off in situations like that.

He was also in the bigger vehicle, which would help and didn't get hit from behind. Poor lady tho, hope things end up ok with her.

Accedents are avoidable, collisions aren't.

· Banned
6 Posts
my accident scared my children for life!

by which i mean they lost their legs!!!:banghead:
i was driving down the M1 and i rear ended the man in front, my stupid kids didnt have there seat belts on and went throught the windscreen. :rofl::rofl:
na im kinding obviously my baby hasnt even got a scratch on her.:bowdown:
:bs::bs::bs::bs::crazy::crazy::crazy::evil::tongue::tongue::gtfo:

· Premium Member
22,503 Posts
I saw a similar accident once. The guy was drunk no seat belt, he hit a light pole. I got out to see if he was okay. Not a pretty site. :ugh:

· Premium Member
8,443 Posts
"There is never a ACCIDENT when if comes to it because someone is almost always doing something wrong. It is a Crash. A accident is when you piddle yourself..."
they told us that in high school drivers ed too I think :)

Hope the women in the mustang wasn't injured too seriously :cry:

· Premium Member
22,503 Posts
You can accidentally do something wrong. No one intends to crash on purpose. Just like no one intends on piddling them self.

· Sunshine always owns me
6,082 Posts
I agree....there are no such things as accidents. It's a crash.

You can accidently bite your tongue. You don't accidently drink. You don't accidently get into the car while drunk.

· Registered
8,512 Posts
^^or pull over and take a piss.
If you have a heart attack or stroke you may have some time to pull over, or at least stop be vehicle. Peoples hearts don't just stop (flat line) they kind of twitch out or not beat hard enough. You get signs, like shortness of breath, a heavyness on you chest, radiating pain.. or in a stroke (numbness, trouble seeing, confusion) I think if you experianced these most people would pull over. But then again you can also have an accedent if you are pulling over.

Epileptic seizures or people who have them are generally on medication to prevent them, but there are also other types of seziures (generalized tonic/clonic) in this case they could crash a car because unless they are aware of the warning signs then they may have a chance to pull over to have their spasims. But these things could also just happen like you said, but for the most part uncommon.

Just thought that was some cool info to share..

· Registered
498 Posts
Epileptic seizures or people who have them are generally on medication to prevent them, but there are also other types of seziures (generalized tonic/clonic) in this case they could crash a car because unless they are aware of the warning signs then they may have a chance to pull over to have their spasims. But these things could also just happen like you said, but for the most part uncommon.

even if u are on medication to prevent your seizures you can still have them, sometimes u might have a complete seizure or a small one, in the cases of the small ones the person may lose awareness of where they are or what they are doing, leading into a crash

· Registered
8,512 Posts
Also, if someone is on medications for seizures they have obviously had them before, and some people can sense one comming. It's a phase called aura where you will experiance a smell, visual or auditory sensation to give you a little warning to prepair for it. I'm not saying that colisions do not or cannot happen because of a seizure I am just saying that it chances are pretty slim. I am not sure but there are laws about driving if one is prone to seizures.

This is a "what if" statenment, but it still doesn't make it an accedent because there was a cause. The guy wouldn't walk out of his car after convulsing and say "opps had another seizure!"

Just like astma, ADD,diabeties, COPD, hearing loss,etc. it is a medical condition. There are may types of seizures but as far as epilepsi goes it is a condition.

Also with medication, they can offer/give the patient drugs that will eliminate the sezure within munites. So unless the person forgot to take his/her medication, or it is expired I think they would be fine.

You can suddenly have seizures but these people are usally taking a drug to prevent these but if they forget to or don't take them they will be prone to seizures. Anyone can have a sezure but there is usually some other factor involved. Already uncontious, drug overdose, poisioning, trauma. If your not already taking something for it.

· Registered
326 Posts
This is the stuff I have to see on a daily basis. Being a tow truck operator here is the Bay Area has definately been a sobering experience. And yeah it's true the drunks and people that have fallen asleep at the wheel usually (in no way all the time) don't get hurt. I did an accident about two years ago where a couple in their thirties were burned alive in their vehicle. They were hit from the rear, which caused the gas tank to explode into the passenger compartment as well as cause the vehicle to roll onto its roof. The driver of the other vehicle walked away with minor injuries and some silver bracelets, he blew a 0.32 BAC. The deceased left behind three kids, when the DUI's wife came in to get property out of the car she started telling me that her and her husbands life was over:eek:...I almost threw up. I couldn't hold my tongue and simply said to her, "what about the three kids your irresponsible husband left parentless." She got real quiet and politely asked to leave. People I swear.:crazy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.