New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody wanna list any 1/4 mile predictions for next race season?
Any new mods that are going to get you there?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK... I guess you guys are shy
so I'll start
My only prediction for next year is I will atleast be running 14's

My new mods for next year are:
Tru Bendz test pipe
CC Short throw shifter
My new MAF plate
Titan CAI
Venom VCN-1000 kit
I'll run my first time back at the track with a 55 jet depending how I feel with it
I will probably run a 75 jet the next time I go to the track.

My main problem. TUNNING I have over sized injectors and the car needs tunning
desperatley. Another problem I have nothing to tune with.
May be getting the MAFterburner but that's a big maybe. Not even sure what's going on
with it yet. So there are my predictions.

G

·
Im hoping for a time lower than 15.1 . I Gteched that time late last year with a 50 shot and no tuning at all. Im not really sure what to expect after all is said and done though. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good man
With proper tunning you should notice some nice gains.
Are you going to run it at CougarFest (sorry if I asked you before I forgot the answer)

G

·
Originally posted by: gyger
Sounds good man
With proper tunning you should notice some nice gains.
Are you going to run it at CougarFest (sorry if I asked you before I forgot the answer)
Yeah the good thing about the new AFC that I got, is that it gives me the ability to jump between to different maps, one for daily driving, and one for agressive driving with N20. Thats one of the main reasons I got the second gen AFC. And yeah I should be running at Fest.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds kick ass George
Can't wait to finally see your car in person.
The S-AFCII seems like the best way to go for me right now.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I hope to nail 14s N/A.
and 13s on the Juice.

With a track weight of 26xx or less. (currently 2680 with 19s, i wont be running with the 19s obviously)
I will be doing some dyno tuning soon as well as some exhaust and suspension upgrades. (traction is good!) Hopefully I will be able to tune my car to at least 175fwhp all n/a. Hopefully more. Time for a custom chip and some other goodies!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good dude!
Yeah that was always my Goal run 14's N/A
and I feel that the car definetly has that time in her but with my current
rich condition it bogs hard off the line or I get hardcore wheel hop.
I still have some minor tricks up my sleave to kill the wheel hop
I'm looking for a 14 N/A (after tunning) as well but not holding my breath.
I would love to do the weight reductions like you did Ken
but I just don't have the cash right now.
Nice job on the cars guys!:thumbsup:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
have you tried running a solid front motor mount? I have a solid steel compete replacement unit. even with my dead struts NO Wheel Hop. Nothing but smoking those tires. I hope to reporduce the one I have and start selling the cheap.

Most of my weight reduction was free. Other than my CF hood and Lightweight seats that is.

I still have some more things to do to help reduce weight, including lightweight seat brackets, and hopefully soon Polycarbonate rear hatch glass and other window replacements. (which by the way if you are interested in getting some PM me! We need at least 3 peeps to get these made. Price should be less than the OEM glass.)

I really feel that weight and traction are the 2 things which really kill the Cougar/Contour's ablity to lay down some good 1/4 times. I hope to find a solution for both soon!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Instigator: are you going to the track next friday or do you mean you are buying parts?
Keep us informed man and GOOD LUCK!!!
Blackcoog: also keep us informed on the 1/4 mile time

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
i am going on friday wit the following:

GMK CAI
SVT TB
SVT UIM
SVT LIM sans rods & butterflies
MSDS Headers
Brullen Y-pipe w/ High Flow Cat
Trubendz Flowmaster Cat-Back
SVT Clutch
SVT Flywheel
Short Shifter
B&G Springs w/ ST200 Struts

hopefully ill do well...:)

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Thats awesome! how does it perform now with those mods? I dont see the deleted LIM butterflies causing a problem off the line on the drag strip....well it comes back to traction..too much power off the line is bad and will net lots of wheel hop..once your past 4k the engine should scream! And since you wont be dipping out of the secondaries you're cool

I am also glad to see you Ditched the Pace Setter exhaust! Rumors say it caused a loss in HP. The TruBendz is a far supior power adder.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Non cougarish but I'm shooting for low 11s jucied and upper 11s, low 12s NA.

Upcoming mods:

Headers/OF-Y
LS6 Intake
Weight reduction -- need to bring down to 3300/3400lbs. (currently 3750 with tools in trunk heh)
NX Stage I kit with Gen-X2 upgrade. (maybe their race version of 100 - 250hp shots, havn't decided yet)

With that setup, from what I've seen on LS1 tech, NA I could come close to 11s if I cut some 1.50s - 60' But low to mid 12s is a given. I should be mid 12s now. . will find out in a couple of months.

And with a 100 shot I could slice anywhere from .6+ tenths of a second, maybe a full. Just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Raben, F-body's dont count:cover:

lol, i say that when in a year im getting a WS-6 when i pay the coug off:rofl:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
agreed Instigator!

NA I could come close to 11s
I never liked you Raben:biggrin: j/k dude

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
LMAO!

Intisgator. . .that would be really sweet man. If you can, get a WS6 and you'll be very pleased I'm sure :) Either way, WS6 or an SS. . both are one hell of a performer. If you get the 2002 you may be lucky and find one that has the LS6 block :evil:

Bone stock you should run very low to mid 13s easily. Bolt-ons and a good set of tires, anywhere in the 12s. You reduce the weight you may tap 11s with stock internals. There's several that's done this with auto's but big stalls though. One guy though with a fully loaded TA that I'm comparing myself too, has all the bolt ons (which I am missing the LS6 intake and Headers) a good tune and 2600 stall with factory 3.23 gears. . .removed the front sway bar, passenger and rear seats, rear seat belts, jack, spare and anything left in the trunk. He ran NA 11.97 :D

So I figure I should be real close. I have a 3500 stall and 3.73 gears, same bolt ons but no headers and still have the LS1 intake. So with that I should net a very low 12 I think when I remove those parts. That would be sweet!

I'll keep you guys posted I'm sure :D hehehe.

G

·
hey raben, do you venture in the f-bod hideout? I cruise that board a lot at work and read, kinda curious if you are on it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My goal is to be in the 15s NA by late 2004 in my atx. Probably with these mods

CAI
Gutted Pre-Cats
Test Pipe w/ High Flow Cat
Trubendz Single Exit Exhaust
3.0 UIM and TB
Custom Street Flight tuning
Less than 3000 track weight with me in the car

Think that is possible?

EDIT: Just for reference, I ran a 16.61 stock w/o any of that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.