New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k, since we know james is doing something crazy with his car that he still calls a "cougar" (doesnt look like mine...), i figure we should put together our thoughts on what we think Project Cougar v3.0 is gonna consist of...

i'll start off:
judging by his avatar, im definitely saying a RHD conversion is in order. im also guessin (more like hoping) to possibly see some ferrari parts like heads and tails.

now share your thoughts....

·
Registered
429 Posts
I am guessing that it will have a RHD conversion and he did say that the headlights and taillights will be changed. The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Interesting thoughts....

Right now the car is at the performance shop getting fine tuned before it hits the dyno, probably this week. After that the car is headed to the paint shop to get resprayed. With every Cougar owner and their mother with a CF Hood painting it similar to mine, I will be changing up my paint scheme for 2004. After that I have a final car show, Hot Import Nights in Miami FL on Dec13th. If this Lambo door guy gets back to me, I might go ahead and have that kit created. After that, the car will head back here to VA where

After all that, I am hoping to get the car into a Performance shop in Maryland where the final pieces of the Street Flight Turbo Kit will be removed and replaced with bigger components to achieve additional HP Gains. Alot of this is going to depend on time in the upcoming months, but we will see. I don't wanna do anything to the cougar that will prevent it from touring the entire season like last year.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts. I could possibly get some ideas.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i know RHD drive will be cool
but whats the point it doesnt score anymore points does it

personally i think you should just think and think and think until you think of something so redickous thats it never been atttempted or done before

aka the evil z calvier like - steering wheel was sweet guage custer ( i didnt like but i never seen anythin like it before)
all the tvs and **** under the hood

JAmes you gotta do something that has never been thought off or done before

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
An RHD conversion on a vehicle that's VIN number shows it was originally a LHD will net you maximum points on Interior.....

However, an RHD conversion would be very costly, time consuming, and damn near impossible to do to a US spec Cougar

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
maybe suscide lambo doors

anyone else have any crazy ideas

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wanna know your hp with the no2. 20" spinners would be the ultimate, you know you can do it... 4-door setup like the new rx-8's. definitely self-powered lambos. i think a crazy/original paint scheme is needed, aka airbrushed graphics. you cant put vinyl on the "#1 car in the US". maybe an AWD conversion as well. hell with the RHD conversion.. plop the steering wheel right up the middle and make it a 3-seater. lcd screens in every imaginable place. hydraulic "Porsche-style" rising wing. and my last crazy idea: a customized hatch/trunk where the trunk lid could pop up and forward (towards the engine) while staying parallel with the car, and where you could also open the entire thing as one. all pneumatically/electronically controlled of course.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
voice activated security system that opens the doors and hatch and hood and unlocks to your voice only.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
S15 headlights. Put the hatch on actuators to open in reverse or sideways?. Put suicide door on the driver and "delorean style" door on the passenger all powered by actuators. Chrome the undercarriage.

G

·
i had thought about doing some with the rear decklid.. taking out the glass, remolding the entire thing with fiberglass and creating a piece of glass similar to the Koenigsegg CC.. i think it looks awesome how it was done.. maybe changing fenders to the M3 or M-Series Coupe style.. fit fendersand bumper cover to the hood so it all raises together when you want to look at the engine.. here are some pictures..

the idea with the decklid iso n this red koenigsegg

idea of connecting the fenders somehow...

perhaps this style.. to see a car to unfold like this and once be a cougar...

just brainstorming right now, ill see what i can think of later

dont gues the links are working.. copy/paste below

(links)
http://fast-autos.net/koenigsegg/cc8s3.html
http://fast-autos.net/koenigsegg/cc8s21.html
http://fast-autos.net/spyker/c8spyder2.html

·
Registered
933 Posts
Go with a tv where you steering wheel airbag cover is.

Edit: Instead of sideview mirrors, install 2 cameras in there place, and than install two little screens on each side of the interior where the HVAC vents are, and have your mirro cameras project the image on to those screens. Does that make sense?

Tony

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Encase LCD monitors in the APR carbon fiber mirrors hooked into 2 night vision cameras on either side of the car
motorized amp racks in the hatch area
Carbon fiber package cover. Split it down the middle to swing open to each side of the car
HUD display for the gauges
Do the neon spark plug wires...then have them made and sell them CHEAPLY to the rest of us :)
Do a paddle shift conversion

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Foreward looking night vision HUD style display for the windshield

I saw an Anime once (akira? not sure.) where the inside 'windows' of this car were screens, when it got in an accident the inside of the windshield and side windows turned into snow. also between the rear taillights was a big LED sign that lit up 'STOP' when brakes were applied, and LEFT and RIGHT with blinkers

u could also make the rear hatch swing open from the left, and make the hood swing open from the right

or make it convertable! haha yea right

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I'm sticking to my guns......

James, You've got the roll cage. T-Bar it, or finally do your rag top. We've been discussing that for allmost a year and a half. I KNOW the t-top can be done, but I can't budget it....PLEASE make my dream a reality. PM me if youo need any details about how we pulled it off on the project roof.

other than that....lambo doors, different rims (you're 2 years on the same ones), and since it's show......go HYDRO!!!!

EDIT: While you're at it.....lemmie know why you have a guage cluster pod as your avatar.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Originally posted by: hamill
While you're at it.....lemmie know why you have a guage cluster pod as your avatar.
The gauge cluster pod in James' avatar looks to be for a RHD car that is why I thought that he might be doing a RHD conversion for next year but judging by what he said earlier in this post that is not one of his plans. Care to fill us in James?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i like the idea of the 3rd pic of the car "unfolding". and with the spinners... powder coat the outside free-spinning piece the color of the car and leave the inside chrome. i've NEVER seen that done. im out of ideas for now.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
chrome looks bad enough on cougars, i cant emagine spinners. but that is a tight idea anyway, but i think it wouldn't look to hot on a cougar.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts