New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out today that my rear precat is basically doing nothing. So I've decided that I'm going to hammer the hell out of it, and get the innards out. I need to know, have any of you done this on your vehicles yet? If so, how did it work for emission testing? Did it pass? Fail? I need to know!

All feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm probably going to do this on Saturday....so let me know.

L

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
it's real easy to do, although you might as well gut both :)
you'll need an MIL Eliminator to make sure you're CEL doesn't come on, but i can make that for you no problem :)

also, get me a price on a new alternator man...i just killed alternator number 3 this year :(

edit: a car with gutted precats will still pass emissions

L

·
0 Posts
Also make sure to be real careful near the top of the bank
Ask Ajay
hee hee

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah, i destroyed my 02 sensor...you have to be VERY careful when gutting that rear pre cat
i'm working on my altnernator this weeekend...swing by if you wanna do your precat or want the MILs

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What time??? I'm going to gut the rear cat on saturday after work...but I have some other stuff I want to do.

I could probably make it....

Thanks for the info guys!

Is this at AJ's "crib", yo?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
lol...yeah, we always start around 10am and keep going until the work is done ;)
i will stop by your dealership on saturday to pick up the alternator (make sure you save one for me), and to drop off your MIL Eliminators... just remember to keep your eyes peeled for that other ballast ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:biggrin: I tried to find an emoticon with big eyes.....

I'm on the ballast prowl. No lone ballast is safe in Durham Region.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
ohh, and you could gut your main cat too hehehe

although emissions test would blow up when your tested lol plus the smell of gas when you get out of your car is a real rush

1 - 9 of 9 Posts