New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Steve,

you guys spread the word on this......i want names to put on this hugh card (i got one of those oversized cards, lol) but she is a very religious person who is now going into surgery either tomorrow or christmas eve. i would love to cheer her up and make it a little happier because her and her family will be spending it at Moses Cone.

M

·
Registered
69 Posts
M,
So Sorry to hear about this matter.. What a sad, sad story.. Please send them my best wishes and know that her and her family will always be in my prayers.. If you could add my name to the card, that would be wonderful.. Lisa Sturtevant of Marlboro, NJ.. Thank You so much! Take Care!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Wow, that really sucks. I remember when my dad got in a bad motorcycle accident. A scary time it was.

Brian Woodward of Norwalk, Ohio sends his prayers.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: MagicHallucinations
thanks Steve,

you guys spread the word on this......i want names to put on this hugh card (i got one of those oversized cards, lol) but she is a very religious person who is now going into surgery either tomorrow or christmas eve. i would love to cheer her up and make it a little happier because her and her family will be spending it at Moses Cone.

M
I myself am not an overly religous person, however, seeing that she is - I did show this thread to one of my coworkers whom is also the Chaplain at our local hospital. I asked him to place her name on the prayer lists at the churches in the community. He said that he would. For those of you not familiar with what a prayer list is, it is a list that you put someone's name on at a church. The list is accessable to all church members, and many people take a minute to pray for the people on it every Sunday when they are done with the mass. There will be thousands of people praying for her. As I said before, I am not super-religious and am kind of skeptical about the power of prayer... However if she is religious, that is all that counts and I figured that it couldn't hurt!

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that rocks my friend! i didn't get a chance to go to the hospital last night, had a rehearsal/rehearsal dinner to go to. i have the wedding to attend today but i am getting off work early and running the card over to her.

her aunt told me that she was very excited to hear that ppl were thinking of her. she goes into surgery this morning because the doctor is worried about the tendons and cartilage around her spinal cord, at the back of her neck. basically what holds your head up because right now she cannot hold her's up.

her aunt also told me about the car. she has seen pictures and told me that the roof went completely in, which is what caused her neck injury. of course the front airbag didn't deploy, i asked about the side airbags but she didn't know if Sherie had them. from what ppl say it's a wonder she survived the accident. when the wreck happened she ended up in someone's yard. then walked the length of a football field to another person's house, disoriented as you can imagine. one thing i heard that i was upset about is the guy who's yard she ended up in was mad about the damage. the state trooper estimated that only 25 dollars worth of damage was done to the yard. isn't that :bs:

anyways, thanks to all who posted and if you spread the word or not it's cool. i'm gonna continue letting you guys know how she's doing. God willing the surgery will go well as it should and i'll get the card to her today so they can have somewhat of a cheerful christmas;)

M

·
Registered
167 Posts
you know people who put more value on their yard than on Human life need to have a reality check . I'm sorry but I could care less about a blade of grass being uprooted when it involves the well being of someone in such a position as hers . I guess that it was a blessing that she didn't go to that guys house he probably would have demanded payment right there or wouldn't have called 911 until he was compensated.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*surgery update*

she's in recovery with two steel plates in the back of her neck to compensate for the 7 damaged vertebra, 2 of which were crushed. the doctors said that if she does well, she may get to go home on christmas day:biggrin:

M

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
merry christmas ppl!

she really did get to go home on christmas day. she is doing well and says thanks for all the thoughts and prayers:biggrin: mission accomplished so to speak, lol!

M

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
adam kerr, harrisburg pa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.