New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Other Day my driver side window just stop working, it made no noises before or after it stopped working, the passenger side window still works but the driver side doesnt, neone have ne ideas what it could be or might be???

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It's not the fuse if your other window is working, so it's probably the switch itself. Use a jeweler's screwdriver, pop the entire switch out, disconnect the harness, and then take the switch apart (you have to use two jeweler's screwdrivers to take the switch apart, one on each tab). Be careful, there are two little copper plates inside the switch that will just fall out...that might be your problem to begin with. There is one plate on each side of the switch, and they can be knocked out of place. Make sure they're alright, and if so it's probably the switch. Check all the wiring too. If you need a new switch check ebay, if there aren't any on there, the fordpartsonline.com has them, but I believe they're around $50.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Or you can check the local scrap yard for switches. The passenger window control in the drivers door went out for me. Both window switches, the door lock switch, and the mirror control cost me $8 at a scrap yard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when you mean pop switch out do you mean the whole thing, both window switch and mirror control or just the one switch for the driverside window

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Just the window switch. Get under the outer lip of the entire switch enclosure and pry up. It should pop right out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey, i took the switch out and took it apart adn put it back together and now thewindow is makin a clickin sound anyone have a clue now???

·
Registered
464 Posts
i got a similar problem except the power window switch on the passenger side doesnt wann roll up it will roll down but it wont go up unless u keep hitting it until it works, the driver side control for it works fine so i know its the switch and when u say pop out the switch do i gotta take the whole door cover off or just pop out the switch from its usuall place without having to remove anything else on the door

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.