New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power window switch in my door is failing--it doesn't always roll up the window. Pushing hard on it usually makes it work, so I'm pretty sure it's the switch, not the wiring.

So, question: If I replace that switch with one of the driver's window switches, will I have a "one-touch down" feature on that window? If so, I'd also like to put one in the driver's door for the passenger window.

Someone at a meet today briefly mentioned that the one-touch down feature isn't handled by the switch, but a message in this thread here indicates that I can just replace the switch to get that feature.

Anyone know for sure one way or the other? Has anyone done this?

Fordpartsonline.com lists three different switches, driver's window, driver's door passenger, and passenger door. I'd expect two different ones (one-touch down and not), but not three...

Thanks.
--RJ

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well if I remember correctly (correct me if Im wrong....) the one touch feature is activated by a relay somewhere in the door. Now as far as 'three' switches, in the door panels, each of the switches is designed for one spot. You cant (without minor modification) change them out.

Again, I could be mistaken, but this is what i recall hearing....

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is a relay, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out how it's wired and wire up the other one to do it, too.

Sounds like I need to do some investigation. :)

Thanks.
--RJ

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did search but wasn't able to find anything with definitive answers to my questions.

Thanks.
--RJ

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, thanks. (I wonder why they made three different switches.) Do you happen to know where that module is? It's not in the fuse boxes, at least according to the owner's manual. Perhaps it's on the motor itself...which would be better because then I wouldn't have to change the switches (except to fix the bad one).

If it were warmer (and I had a place I could do this), I'd pull off the driver's side door panel and try to figure it out. It can't be that hard to do.

Thanks.
--RJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts