New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, first post on the board, i find that it's kind of hard to find a good cougar enthusiast board, lol

anyway, my next mod on my cougar is set to be eibach sportline springs and 18" wheels...
a buddy of mine has a 95 talon (see also machv.com -- it is on the front) which has the sportlines, however when he went to have it realigned the closest he could get was about -2 degrees per side :D

evidently some cars have worse problems with this than others-- with 18" wheels and 40? series tires, how bad can i expect it to be-- my friend is currently awating a camber kit from eibach, should I just buck up and do the same right away

thanks for the info

-med

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FIRST FYI..... THERE IS A SUSPENSION SECTION TO POST THIS TO GET BETTER RESULTS ANSWERWISE....and WELCOME TO THE BOARD,,,,I have been told by many people doing a 1.2 drop isnt bad at all and doesnt really need the camber caster plates on their cougar. I think everyone will agree that you would need em if going to anything over I think 1.4 or greater. Hopefully someone else will reply to back up what I have been told. I have em on mine because i have a 1.8 drop on my cougar.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
i have lowered my cougar 3.5" without any alignment problems. i didnt need a camber kit either. Just make sure you alignment shop knows what they are doing.

with less than a 2" drop you wont have to make any adjustments at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no problems meaning it is in perfect alignment or no problems meaning it still drives in a straight line?
:D
my bud has a nice computerized printout that shows how each of his wheels are completely out of right even after being aligned "as close as it could get" by the shop...

I imagine it could be fine but I just don't wanna lose half the tread on my tires three months down the road ;)

thanks on the tip on the suspension section, i'll have to use that next time (d'oh!)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Moving to Suspension in case anyone else has anything to add...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Im wondering about this too cause when I went to get an alignment with my 18's they said they could align it only so far from factory spec and to get the car to stop pulling to the right I would have to get a camber kit and i haven't lowered my car yet. I do got the eibach springs but Im waiting to get new struts before I install them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.