New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this post from the teamneco.com boards

http://www.teamneco.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4124

It looks like we might be getting some more kits for the cougar. So far C-West, Bomex, Veilside, and even a kit similar to the Cougar S have been mentioned.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm glad to see that they will be making full kits, not just front bumpers and throwing some other side skirts and rear bumper with it.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Well there is always another company ahead of them.... There is a company down is LA right now making 2 full kits for the cougar. One of their kits is already the Veilside kit that Pierre is talking about.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
James, when do u think they will have pics of the Veilside and the other kit, i would realy like to see them.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
We are always open to owner input. I'd be up for adapting current designs from other cars or doing a completely new design from idea sketches.

The Bomex Style kit has already been approved and the manufacturer would like at least one more offering available. We may also do a 4 piece bubble fender flare kit designed for the cougar specifically that would work with any cougar kit on the market.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that this is a little off topic but Craig are you still making the carbon fiber mirror caps?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
That is pretty much the only carbon fiber item I have time to do anymore. I actually have a pair finished that I can ship out as soon as I recieve donors so there is no delay. If that is something you are interested in e-mail me at [email protected]

I have had 4 inquiries on these this week.

R

·
0 Posts
hey james not to rude but when i stated VIS made the gt bomber kit and told was making more kits, you said that you talked to them personally and they said they were done with the cougar. i just got an email today stating that was the biggest crock they ever heard and didnt know why you said that cause they have more kits and a hood currently waiting approval to be released and have no intentions on stopping there. i can post this if any one wants to see it

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
rlh.... Please forward me who you talk to... I am dealing with the owner directly.... VIS as well as another company in their area and I have talked alot in the past 3 weeks because they will be using the Hyundai Tiburons that Hyundai has GIVEN to my company for more body kits.... I am partnering with Hyundai and many aftermarket companies to create NEW kits for the Tiburon.... I have a feeling VIS is telling you about the 2 kits that we are currently having made right now.... Like craig said, its going to be based off of the Wayson USA V-Extreme kit and then another kit which I have not disclosed yet. The test car IS There right NOW. The member is a NECO Member from SOCAL. I will contact VIS tomorrow and confirm or deny if they are telling you about the kits I am having produced privately or if they are infact making 2 more kits, which the owner has denied already. You gotta remember, although I may be wrong about VIS cause I only know what the owner tells me, I do speak with the owners of companies, just like Craig (streetconcepts). You on the other hand talk to who ever is answering e-mails that day. Its all about rapport with these companies.... You know how many people bug VIS, Aerogear, Andys and what have you about new kits? HUNDREDS.... But only a certain few people have the owners names, as well as personal cell phone numbers.... I don't post false information when it comes to body kits for others to be knocked down, I post the facts in which are given to me by the people making the decisions for the companies you mention. Forward me the e-mail or name of the person, and we will get to the end of it.... I would love 2 more kits if VIS wants to make them, especially with their Poly-Fiber Material...

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Craig, James: I think the best WBK would be a cougar-s kit... mmmm might be the only kit i would seriously consider...(if the roads were smoother... LOL)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would love some fender flares that could flow into my AG battle kit, the sideskirts are just begging for em. Just something i thought i'd make the mention of it, kind of building on a product you've already made.

JD

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I know this has been talked about before with the blitz kit, but how about making a bumper that fills in the upper grill? I'll try and see if I can find a pic of what I'm talking about.

EDIT: I found this pic.. not the best chop, but I like how the hood flows to the bumper without the grill..

·
Registered
517 Posts
i think that someone should make kits that convert cougars over to RSXs, integras, civics, eclipses, and lancers. cause it seems thats what people want anyway. make my cougar look like a integra!! make it look like a eclipse front end!! whna whna whna. go buy a eclipse of integra then. seriously im sick and tired of seeing "new" kits for the cougar that make it look like every other damn car in the auditorium. why cant someone actually make a NEW STYLE KIT???? i know its a lok easier to just cut and paste a bumper from a different car, but come on. oh well, im gonna go steal a rsx bumper and screw it to my cougar. that sounds like a great idea.

josh
ps- im not trying to bash anyone for building new kits. quite contrary, im trying to get you to see that if you have the skills and talents to actually make a difference, start a new look. its up to you to make the choice. dont be a lolipop. ill have my PM on for any comments

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: Aries
I know this has been talked about before with the blitz kit, but how about making a bumper that fills in the upper grill?
When I asked about this Iwas told it had something to do with the airflow to the engine. Covering that hole would be too much of an obstruction for cooling..

·
Registered
487 Posts
i like the new kits and ideas. But for me the big mouth bumpers aren't that appealing. I am in love with the stoffler kit, but they are $$$, unless there was a group buy, and i donno how that would happen. I would like to see somethin new developed that was a front lip/spoiler whatever you want to call it. I'm a clean look kinda guy i guess.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i agree with you thickie. i like the clean look as well. and the stoffler kit is one of the kits that i love the most. the one that i want the most right now is the razzi. im not that big of a fan of the 01-02 razzi kits, but since i have a 99, it works out nicely because it doesnt change a whole lot of the nice looks and smooth lines of the cougar.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
The reason you see so many kits crossed over multiple platforms is because of the lower development costs and labor plus it is generally know to appeal to a large crowd if it's been successful on past vehicles. Remember that selling body kits is a big money business and the companies with the biggest selection and fastest production are the ones that thrive. If they can pump out 20+ new kits a year the parts lineup grows considerably in just a few years. The wayson USA D Class line is a great example. We carry a huge selection of kits that covers nearly every popular sport compact and we can offer a 4 piece package for $500 retail and allow the customer to mix and match parts from different kits available for that car. A few years ago you could not touch a fiberglass kit for less that $700-$900 no matter how poor the quality.

The more expensive premium kits are alot of times exclusive to a certain vehicle. Veilside is very well known for those types of kits and you can compare the price difference.

As for a new design cougar specific I would not be opposed to that but would like to see some sketches or photoshops of ideas people have. A new design is definately more time consuming to prototype and build but I'm up for the task. We can still sell at our aimed pricepoint b/c it would be my labor time that would be increased not our manufacturing cost once the prototype is finished.

My idea would be to use a 99-00 front bumper and retain the styling of the lower grillebut add on a euro style lip and include round fog light holes recessed into bezels styled after the oem fog lights. When finished it would be basically a fiberglass copy of the cougar oem bumper with an air dam integrated into it. The rear bumper would be the same but possibly add an insert into the lower center section and flare out the bottom with a skirt package. One design I really like is the rear diffusers they use on the corvette gt champ cars that has the verticlle slats. Another option would be to integrate an insert made of carbon fiber with dual outlets for center exhaust. The ideas are endless but if we are going to put in the long hours to build and develop something like this it has to be something a broad audience will find appealing so it will sell well. We don't want to spend 2 months developing a kit we cannot sell except to a handful of people.

The Cougar S kits is cool but the sideskirts definately need to be more dramatic instead of plain caps. I think that the concept could be built off of and retain styling hints from that original design.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think if you do like those knightrider replica guys, and make a Cougar-S total conversion with flares, taillight eyebrows, smooth red acrylic replacement lens kit,capped side skirts,deck lid spoiler, backup light relocation kit, roof spoiler w/breaklight, front/rear bumper, and machined dual peashooter exhaust tip that would be an awesome kit. A person could even take on a few repli/kit car shows (new market). There is a company that makes the Pontiac Banshee concept kit for the f-body and kinghtrider kits.

I also think a smooth bodykit would separate it from the current frills and gills style bodykits that willl be out of style soon. The problem is the cougar has a small but devouted fan base unlike the f-body only sport compact people buy kits for defunct cars, and you have to appeal to them and their tempamental taste. After four years old people still dont know what my car is with out looking at the label.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts