New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i hate to say it but the dog did not make it out alive. i was coming home last night on 28 and a dog ran out in front of my car. it split my front bumber in two and cracked the plastic panel under my radiator. so far i've been quated $374.00 and $410 to replace the front bumper without paint. if anybody has an aftermarket front bumper and and is willing to sell their stock one let me know. or if anyone knows of any good deals on an aftermarket one that would be great. as for the rest of the car, i think it is all in one piece. the only question that i have was that if i have red coolant, why is there a greenish, yellow pool of fluid that has been dripping from out of the radiator core since this happened?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Don't forget that your power steering fluid cooler and your A/C condenser are up front before the radiator- Check them for damage.

Sorry to hear about the pooch... I almost creamed a fox a few nights ago going over to Trevor's for his B-day.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: UrbnCougar33
well i hate to say it but the dog did not make it out alive. i was coming home last night on 28 and a dog ran out in front of my car. it split my front bumber in two and cracked the plastic panel under my radiator. so far i've been quated $374.00 and $410 to replace the front bumper without paint. if anybody has an aftermarket front bumper and and is willing to sell their stock one let me know. or if anyone knows of any good deals on an aftermarket one that would be great. as for the rest of the car, i think it is all in one piece. the only question that i have was that if i have red coolant, why is there a greenish, yellow pool of fluid that has been dripping from out of the radiator core since this happened?
It sounds to me like you feel the need to pay out-of-pocket on this. If there was ever a time to make an auto claim, now would be that time. It would fall under your comprehensive coverage ... please tell me you are insured! I hit a deer in my Cougar and did $3K damage (gotta love Loudoun County right Dan?). When talking to my insurance carrier, it turns out that if I had swerved too far to miss the deer and hit a tree, it would have been classified as a collision. Good thing that wasn't the case because my comprehensive deductible was only $50, but my collision deductible is $500. Lesson learned: always swerve, but never loose control ;)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
It's like the National Zoo out there in Loudoun- No telling what'll jump out in front of you... :disgust:

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: DanG
It's like the National Zoo out there in Loudoun- No telling what'll jump out in front of you... :disgust:
You haven't see the Turkey Vultures yet ... those things are just plain evil looking. Direct result of the deer that are killed weekly on Loudoun County Parkway.

P

·
0 Posts
its good to know who win between cats and dogs.you may have lost the battle but you won the war some one buy this man a beer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts