New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how many out there are debadged, and if you are, to what extent?

i have my trunk lid fully shaved and molded smooth.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
our car looks so much better debadged and shaved (rear decklid) the ONLY thing that says Mercury on my car are the stickers in the doorjam proclaiming its born on date and the Auto Alliance sticker in the window..otherwise everything else is gone and the only Coug symbol on the car is the steering wheel - which will hopefully change sooner than later :biggrin:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I took off the COUGAR and v6 letters and the auto alliance sticker.

I currently have the Carbon Fiber badge on the decklid I got from muskat racing.

I'm thinking of getting COUGAR airbrushed on the back in some phat font.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I don't get it...if all you people are so Mercury Cougar loyal....WHY take off all the badging? Are you deep down in your souls ashamed of the Cougar?

:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Oh no! People might find out it's a Mercury!

I just removed the V6 and spread out the Cougar Badge, I may eventually replace the Cougar emblem up front if I get an aftermarket Grill, but I don't mind it at all.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Removed my letters and V6 also. It's great when somebody looks for a logo and then has to ask what kind of car it is.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i removed the COUGAR lettering from the rear (i never had the V6, so that was one less thing to remove). but i still have the mercury badge on the back, only because i havent gotten around to getting a cougar logo to replace it with. i want to replace it becaseu i think the cougar symbol looks a lot cooler than the mercury one does. and the rear looks a lot cleaner with out the COUGAR lettering, so thats why i did it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, i think it definitely makes the car look cleaner, and i love it when people have to look twice or three times to figure out what kind of car it is. i had once where my car was parked and i watched 3 guys circle around it, taking bets on what it was. took em about 20 minutes to figure it out.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I still have all my badges. I might shave them. But at this time there are no plans to do so. I have had to replace the "R" cause the leg broke off and it said i was driving a "COUGAP". I also had to reglue the "V" cause it was loose and was about to fall off. Guess i could of taken them all off at that time. But i was really proud to have the car because it was my first car that i will fully pay for and chose on my own. So i wanted to keep the badges. I did, however, peel off the stupid vinyl dealer decal that was stuck on there. God i hated those things.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
personally i'll be removing everything trunk emblem and i already have the letters removed...if your showing the car its extra points or something like that... me i'm just doing it to have a clean look all the way round

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
be aware that welding that emblem hole shut requires the entire hatch to be repainted... mine ran about 600 smacks but in my eyes it was worth it.. I wanted that clean look on my ass..

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I put 'V6' emblems under my sidemarkers and got rid of the lettering on my trunk. Wasn't aware you need the entire trunk repainted for filling in those three holes...can't they just blend it? I got a section on my spoiler repainted when I backed into a fence (left 5 marks that went right down to the urethane surface) :)banghead: ) and they did a fine job on it?

Mike

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
better have a pretty good painter to blend that small of an area. mine was pretty easy because i already had brand new hatch (primered black), so i just had to fill the holes (bondo'd mine shut), and i just didnt put the letters back on.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yep - shaved emblems, letters, sidemarkers and antenna over here.
next year its the rear wiper and nossle, and perhaps the door handels & tail light cover keyhole.

Originally posted by: Crispy
be aware that welding that emblem hole shut requires the entire hatch to be repainted... mine ran about 600 smacks but in my eyes it was worth it.. I wanted that clean look on my ass..
geezus fck!! it cost me only 500cdn to repaint my whole car!!

my shaving was actually free...heheh

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Just a Ford logo for me on my trunk. Got the car repainted, left all the badges off, 'cept the Ford one. Looks much cleaner, and has that "what kinda car is that?" feel to it as well.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I had 4 spoiler holes and those 3 emblem holes welded shut.. they wanted to charge more than 600 for the job and I got em down from their original quote of 500+ 8 hours labor + paint and materials... I swear everyone on the planet hates Laser Red... they add 3 hours of labor to anything right off the bat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts