New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I soak those bastards in the laqour thinner, got off most of the junk, but god there was like 3 layers of paint on them... so I had to scrub them to get to the metal again, and theres still residue and bits of paint of them I CANT GET OFF, well I dont wanna mess with the thinner anymore (got a headache, my hands were burning) so whats a better way to polish them up?

·
Registered
884 Posts
take some pictures and email me them, i wanna see how bad they are so i might have a better suggestion. [email protected]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn my camera is acting up on me... I cant take pics right now, but anyways, the mats are scratched up, and look like they have some nasty residue on them... im thinking If I can find a way that they look shiney, ill keep them like that, even if they looked scratched up also- because I want to get a brushed aluminum dash kit... otherwise I could paint them black and clearcoat them, then get the blue carbon fiber dash kit... so what do u think I should do?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
ive used this chrome cleaner i got from a bike store to get rust off of metal on my bmx bike, and my exhaust, and other things. it works really really well, and on all metals. im not sure if it will do any better than paint thinner does though.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
When they were scrathed they looked really good... i had a wire brush attachment to my drill... they came out really good... i would say that they looked really good with brushed aluminum kit... Also... what i would suggest is getting them painted... you can get a paint close to carbon or the color fo your car....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts