New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the wheel studs on the front wheels. Plz be be as detailed as you can. I assume you take the hub off but for the life of me cant figure out how to get it off. Thanks for any help yall can give.

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
I took mine to firestone and had them replace my studs for $65. I don't have my book with me right now. When I get into work tomorrow if you haven't been answered yet I'll post up.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I broke one of my studs doing a brake job once. I can't remember exactly how I got them out, but I do know that I did not take the hub off the car. The new studs are for sale at autozone for like $2 each. I just replaced all of them. For the life of me I can't remember how i got them out though!!! I wish I could be more help!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Pound the stud out with a hammer from the wheel side of the hub...then pound the new ones in from the back side of the hub. It's really easy, they're just pressed in.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: RhythmsDJs
Pound the stud out with a hammer from the wheel side of the hub...then pound the new ones in from the back side of the hub. It's really easy, they're just pressed in.
So that's why I couldn't remember how I got them out! I used the ever faithful "beat on it with a hammer" method!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts