New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am installing some face guages I got awhile back off of Ebay.

I need some help in hooking them up....

I put them on, (overlays), and connected them. However, I connected the 12V source to my radio's ACC wire. Now, the guages come on whenever the ignition is engaged.

As a result, I want to connect it to the parking lights or something like that.

Does anyone know which wire from the harness in the back of the guage cluster will allow me to only used the illumination when my lights come on? Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you do that? Which wire should I slice into?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I have mine hooked up to one of the parking light wires...it was an orange wire with a blue stripe...this way they come on with my parking lights, and I put the dimmer that came with the guages all the way up, and turn the stock dimmer all the down to get rid of the green light that shows through the two LCDs.

Mike

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Behind the headlight switch, there is a orange wire with blue stripe and a red wire with blue stripe. You can hook it up to either. I personally have mine with the red wire with blue tracer. And they only come on when i turn the parking lights or headlights on.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know what? I installed the 12V source and the ground to the back of the radio harness. Just an FYI I guess, you can use the Orange and white wire behind the radio, (Illumination), and the lights only show when engaged! I love it!!!

Thanks for everyone's help!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woah... new problem now.

After installing my Guages, two warning lights stay on. Namely the brake pad one and the Door Ajar one.

Anyone know what's going on? I have tried slamming all of the doors and trunk shut. Where is the sensor?

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts