New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Toronto, Canada and I am having trouble finding the fiberglass stuff i am trying to make a subbox at the place where the tire goes.

Many Thanks ^.^

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Kami..i live just north of you and when i built my boxes i went to parts source...they carry the evercoat line of fiberglass stuff you will need...in terms of resin and putty and filler..i would go to walmart for the chop mat, crap load cheaper there...may not be the wieght of the marine stuff but all i did was add a couple extra layers..and if you want you can even fold some resin soaked mat and place in spots where you think you may need reinforcing, create kinda like an inverted V, but make sure it is not hollowso i guess more like a 'I'...one other thing i did was buy some carpet underpadding and put that down first between the metal and where you will be fiberglassing..if your handy with a knife you will be able to get this to fit very nicely and you wont have that very annoying buzz of fiberglass vibrating against metal...i could maybe arrange to help if you would like...i have lots of pics of my step by step if you would like a little info as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are the best buddy. that was a big big help thank you ^.^ um... do you have parts source webpage, adress or phone number ???

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
sorry man they dont have a shopping web site and they guy here in Barrie says the closest store to TO is in oshawa...he did say howeve that since they are owned by Canadian Tire that you should be able to go there and order it if you dont want to drive to Oshawa or Barrie..i think you would get a better deal at Parts Source though...try some of your local body shops they may sell some stuff to you..depending on how much fiberglassing you do you are gonna need a couple gallons of resin anyway...are you doing a molded top for the box too or just fitting the bottom in??if you want to call the Barrie store the number is 705 735-4115...hope that helps..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts