New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! I got out of my car today and noticed a nasty dent in my hood. The ding is located in the front of the hood, almost where it meets the grille. To make things worse, the ding is on a curve and the "thicker" part of the hood.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove this or if I had a dealer do it, how much this might run?

Please help... it's ugly and I want to show my car to my family next week during Thanksgiving break!

Also, does this work?

Thanks!

G

·
i have never heard anything good come from a ding king esque tool

Check your phone book for a Dent Wizard around you. Thatll probably be your best bet.

btw...is your avatar real??? do you have a larger shot of that???

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it's real. It's actually my background on my desktop. Pretty disturbing. I can email it to you if you like. PM me.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
post that in the pics section cause i want it too

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, pic posted!

Now, does anyone know roughly what it may cost to remove this dent. The dent impression is almost like someone karate-chopped the hood. Hopefully that gives somewhat of an idea.

Thanks!

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh, locked down in less than 20 minutes, but i got the picture! thats so crazy. heh... thanks!

now.. if its a biiiiig dent, might want to just replace the hood- get a nice new one from the cougar shop.
if its not so big - go to your dealerships' collision center... they've got all sorts of fancy tools and probably pop dents like that all day....

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The Ding King is just plain crap!
I watched in the news couple of months ago and they do reviews on consumer products and so one of them was a dent kit like the one you posted.
Well whatever it failed in every test and the device kept falling apart and you have to use some glue to attach it to the surface
so when they tried to take the dent out they also get a good chunk of the paint also - so it does more damage then it fixes.

I would go to a Dent Wizard see how much they want not a dealer cus they will charge a arm and a leg for a small job

OFFTOPIC:
Heck I went to my Ford dealer where I bought my Cougar from and I wanted to check if my battery was good or not.
They wanted $40 to check it, I was like hell no and went to Advance Auto Parts and they checked the battery for free and installed it too.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
ok wanna see that pic! anyway, you may end up having to spot prime and paint the area of the ding once it is removed. try local body shops or placed like that, and if you know any one from here or around you that can do body work, get a hold of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts