New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plastic Eclipse fuel door Installation. DONE!!

I installed a plastic Eclipse fuel door today and it came out great. I will be posting a how to with pics on it later. I am having to recharge my camera batteries so all the photos are still stored. I did it different than other people were talking about and it was pretty easy, so I think everyone who has been asking about them should be happy.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
RE: Plastic Eclipse fuel door Installation. DONE!!

sweet you did a how to. i heard that the install on that door was a pain in the butt. im looking forward to reading it and see how you did it

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Plastic Eclipse fuel door Installation. DONE!!

it is pretty easy the way I did it. Total time about 2 1/2 hours but if I had to do it again, I could probably get it under 2.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
no need for a how to... theres been one around for about 2 years now :tongue:

looks good - even if its plastic, i'm glad ya went with the better color instead of the better material :)
i find the silver aluminum one is a bit of an eye-sore on a red car.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There isn't a how to on the plastic one. People have been asking for one so I figured out the easiest way to do it . Yeah I like the gunmetal color better than the polished, especially on my Lazer Red.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sweet I just got one in the mail yesterday. Can ya get some farther out shots, I wanna see how it looks with the whole car in the pic.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice job...............the gunmetal color looks great with the lazer red.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
wow that looks really good. A fuel door has been on my list for some time now, but it was the aluminum one. I never got it cuz it was always too pricey. This plastic gunmetal one would match my interior scheme perfectly.

Mike

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I'm having flashbacks from when I had it on my car..

why did you cut the inside of the filler cup though? All you had to do was grind 3 tabs then open the filler hole slightly and then it will fit perfectly..

the plastic fuel door is 100% easier to do versus the metal one..

I might be one of the only people on the board who used the whole Mitshibishi aluminum assemply (cup and door) most people reuse the Cougar cup... there really is no need to.. just grind more and your golden..

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't cut the inside of the filler cup?? Just made the hole a little bigger. I got the gunmetal colored plastic one on ebay for 5$.

Here is a pic of it from the side at a distance.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is just the flash reflection. Youacnnot see any metal. Maybe I need to put a better pic on the how to. But you can see the screw heads that are holding the plastic down.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks good man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts