New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The show was this past Saturday, the 18th. It ended up being a mini-meet with James and Brian (RacerX) showing, and Amanda (CougarGurl) and myself hanging with them the whole weekend. At the show Michael (pdk) and Jeff (CockyCougar) showed up, so we had 6 NECO members in attendance.

Ironically i ended up with pics of most of the winning vehicles. Enjoy!

The full winners list is here.

James Howard - 2nd Place Wild, 2nd overall, Hottest Ford, Best Lighting Display

Brian McHattie - 6th Place Mild

Is that Carrot Top? :)

Ben Parks - 5th Place Wild

Mike Link - 3rd Place Wild

Bob Mull - 1st Place Wild, 1st Place Overall, Hottest GM, Best Glow-off, Hottest Interior

Black and Gold? This guy has to be from Pittsburgh... and he is. ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want one of each

:bowdown:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'm glad I don't drive something as common as an eclipse, I'd hate to have a wack ass paint job just to get noticed!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
nice pics! looks like the show was a lot of fun

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... we had an absolute blast Friday night. There are more candid pics that may show up soon. :biggrin: Let's just say the Red Death made an appearance! :thumbsup:

I should've photoshopped some of those pics to make them come out better. Plus there was so much vibration from the bass in certain parts of the Expo that the pics came out crappy.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, Bob has a hot paint job, but too bad where the fenders meet the doors it looks like ****. The fenders have a crease, and the doors are smooth. There's a gap when the doors are closed that you can stick you hand in.

·
Registered
517 Posts
are you sure that the doors were closed on the cavalier when you saw the "door gap"? i have met, and seen bobs work and will say that its some of the best bodywork around, and i dont think he would have gaps that large for the heck of it. M&B autobody does great work and the fact that they have a cavalier kicking butt all over is great!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I think they all looked real good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: 1badcat
are you sure that the doors were closed on the cavalier when you saw the "door gap"? i have met, and seen bobs work and will say that its some of the best bodywork around, and i dont think he would have gaps that large for the heck of it. M&B autobody does great work and the fact that they have a cavalier kicking butt all over is great!
Uh yeah... i said when the doors were closed. This isn't "for the heck of it." I explained the reason why... did you read it? :shrug: i'm not the only one to notice it either. Maybe you're just not that observant.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
WOW I've never seen doors open so many different ways!
That's cool... I think
I'm not in the loop. does James' car run? is it all fixed now?
Looks fantastic.
And way to go Brian (racerx) car looks great. Ohio neco yay!

The customization in some cars is getting ridiculous though
I mean who the hell needs speakers and a LCD screen under the hood???

Why does the eclipse with the metal looking paint job have really thin tires
on the back though? Or is that just an illusion.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yeah, I dont like Bob Mulls car at all! Way over done...i dont get it. Especially the screen and speakers under the hood????

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
My Cougar currently does run... Only pushing about 400 fwhp before the NOS Injection, which is also not hooked up.

Right now the car is being shipped to GA to have the Nitrous installed (200hp wet shot) and motor completely tuned in aims of over 600fwhp. Also the transmission linkage will be redone since I am missing some gears :) hehe

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I know this isn't what you have planned for the car
But for the love of little baby Jesus get it to the track for one run.

JUST ONE!
even if you are missing a tire and start out in 3rd gear
you should still hit high 12's low 13's:biggrin:
That's amazing nice work kid!:thumbsup:

the motor work has to be amazing
but I'm more interested in what has been done to that tranny.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I think alot of those cars are great. Way over done if you ask me however. yeah speakers and screens under the hood is gay, But it wins show points. Props for the body work and such. Its a shame he doesnt loose points because of the way the doors close with a gap! tsk tsk.

Its crazy what lenghts those guy go to, to make their common azz cars stand out. Im glad cougars arnt common> I'm glad my eclipse is totalled! Because Jesus! you HAVE to put screens under da hood and a crazy paint job to win anything with those cars.

Personally I like clean cars, And James's Cougar by far wins that award. He doesnt need screens under the hood or Silvia headlights. because DAMN cougar headlights are hot! Though I would say that Diablo doors would be Swwweet! *AWD cough*

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
seriously man... i understand the need for show points and all... but screens and speakers under the hood?!
To me, thats crossing the line from "unique" to "just plain stupid..." i dont care how many points it counts for... it looks dumb.
and those doors...my god, i still can't figure it out why he wanted them to swing OUT and up, rather than just up... his is the only car where the doors just look only "half converted" - don't even get me started on the dash :tongue:

James, you should be kickin his ass all over the Country! its a Car-Show and your's is by far, more of a CAR than a "oh im bored, lets fiberglass some more shiz" thing like his.

And as stereotypically Canadian as this is gonna sound, i've gotta say:
Brian! you hoser! whats that 6th place "mild" all aboot eh!? :rofl: you should have at LEAST placed in the top 3 in a MILD category... heh, personally i would have stuck you in Wild :tongue:

*begin leg humping*
Either way, contrats to both of you. I'm glad I got a chance to meet you both in person and show my car along side yours. I wish you all the best of luck with everything over the winter, and look forward to checking things out and hangning out with you both next year!
*end*

:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts