New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has installed the pioneer models similar to the AVH-P7500DVD. Can it be installed in the factory location and clear the HVAC controls (when the screen comes out).
If anyone has this unit then their comments on it would also be appreciated. Thanks for any help in advance!

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too bad, it is already sold. From the look of the pics he had the head unit mounted a little bit outside the stock position

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
yeah that was me.

I did have it out a little compared to stock. If I had it all the way in the opening I had to set the angle on the screen kind of weird and it didn't look right to me and you couldn't see it well.

I just kept the dash kit pop'd out a little bit and the screen set just fine. You could also just do a little fiberglassing of a dash kit and make it fit really well.

I was also thinking that you could cut down the front of the HVAC controlls and fiberglass/bondo it smooth, and the screen would clear fine.

Any other questions just let me know.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Also so if I was to do it over again. I would have bought a 7" screen and molded it into the factory location, then mounted a PS2 for the DVD and CD player. Sure the motorized screen was cool, but the wow factor wore off in a couple days. But everyone that got into the car though it was awesome.

I guess it just depends on what you want. But you could do just as good of a job and save lots of money by buying a screen and molding it into the area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts