New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if anyone had heard of this, but i read about it on this site and it sounds sooooo sweet i dont know how to put it into words. but for $40,000 i will never get one. but this is for sure to be the next big thing on Cribs! heres more info

oh, and i know this isnt "car specific", but i dont know where else to post it, and i thought it was so sweet i had to share....feel free to move or delete though...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
$40,000? I would never pay that amount for this. It doesn't use a subwoofer??? I would like to hear bass comming from a 1 inch speaker - even if there are a few hundred of them. I would bet that my home theatre would put this to shame. And at 1/10th of the cost. Interesting concept though. I think that the reason that they come out and measure your room is that they must aim the speakers in different directions to bounce off the walls and create a surround sound effect. I have heard some BOSE systems designed like this before and wasn't too impressed... (The 2 speaker and sub package that creates a surround effect.) Although the BOSE isn't designed specifically for your room, the concept is still similar. I would like to hear this though to see what warrants the price tag. Hell, if it is all that great - why not get a power inverter and hook the thing up in your car!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sound is digital. it has great bass one article said, without a subwoofer. i was thinking the same thing thought about the bass. i also read that "the orders have been pouring in from party jets for these". and there is nothing out there like this. this is the FIRST speaker (or set of speakers) to produce digital sound. and i had the same thought about hooking it up to a car...it would be tight!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yep... just mount the thing in the back seat and plug it in! Don't laugh, but when I was in high school I was driving a 1986 Buick Electra and my system consisted of two MTX tower speakers with dual 12's sitting in the back seat, with a home audio subwoofer in the trunk. Although it wasn't pretty, it was one of the loudest systems I have ever had!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hear ya there bro! just last week i hooked up this sub for a computer sound system, and put it behind the drivers seat, and it hit hard! but the sub wasnt ours, so i had to take it out. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts