New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is familiar with this (or other) Pioneer headunit, I'd like your thoughts.

As you might know, in order to use the Auxiliary Input feature on these headunits, you must purchase an adapter cable which plugs into the back of the headunit, giving you two plug-ins for the aux input cables (red and white).

I've purchased this cable, so I can play sound from my XBox through my cd-player, but when I connect the cable, "AUX" still doesn't show up as one of my sources for selection. Which leads me to think the cable either doesn't work, or I'm not doing something.

I wrote the person that sold me the cable (some guy off ebay), and he told me I had to "turn the aux input option 'on' in the radio menu" - but I cannot see anywhere to do this.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
Darrell.

·
8,627 Posts
On mine, a DEH-P3700MP: With the radio OFF, press and hold the function key until the clock appears. Then repeatedly press the function key until AUX appears, and use the up/down buttons to turn it on/off.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! That was perfect!

I actually had to turn the cd-player off and then hold the function key. Then a menu came up allowing me to change a bunch of setting... including turning aux input on/off.

Thanks again!
Darrell.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Oh ok.I have the RB20..it has the pass through for extra components..:)

·
8,627 Posts
By the way, the Pioneer site has the manuals online. :)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ND4SPD > Yeah, she works like a charm! Thanks again!

LostRacer > So you can connect multiple aux inputs? How do you switch between them? Is there a switch on the RB20?

skater > I don't know if it was my computer, or the website, but I couldn't open the manuals on the Pioneer website... I did try before posting ;)

·
8,627 Posts
They're PDF files - if you don't have Acrobat Reader installed correctly, they wouldn't open.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Not sure if you can do multiple aux inputs..I really don't see why not though... Whichever component you have on at the time I'd assume would take over. I'd email pioneer to double verify that..Because I did think of that as well. I have a DSP and changer hooked through mine so I needed the pass through.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skater > I do have Adobe installed correctly... the website kept locking up each time I tried to open it. I can open other .pdf files without problem. So it was their website, or my browser.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.