New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a ?. i was told 2 spray some pine sol on the front of the car if i was 2 go on a long trip incase i got attacked with major bugs. since the stuff is so slippery. is this ok 2 do? has any1 tried it? if so, what do u use 2 get it off?
thanx

·
Registered
532 Posts
Im curious about this too but someone told me to up PAM cooking spray but definalty a good question cause I would like to know as well

S

·
0 Posts
make sure the pinesol doesn't have any corrosive ingredients otherwise you might be worrying about your paint not bugs
pam i would think to be safer since it's just grease....
how about wrapping the front end in painters tape (lo adhesive) or plastic wrap??

·
Registered
388 Posts
A detailer told me to use a fabric softner sheet. Just rub it over the whole front end and when you go to wash the car the bugs will just slide right off. Is it true, I don't know. Still waiting to go on a trip to find out.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Originally posted by: ILLicitKougar
A detailer told me to use a fabric softner sheet. Just rub it over the whole front end and when you go to wash the car the bugs will just slide right off. Is it true, I don't know. Still waiting to go on a trip to find out.
it's to release the static cling that hold the bugs in place. Bounce or Downy are highly reccommended by teddy bears everywhere. lol

Sorry...had to say that :)

As to whether it works or not...no clue. I have taken long trips and all the bugs usually come off, just carry a spray bottle of soap/water and give it a shot when you stop for gas, wipe it offand away you go.

typically I wax the car, take the trip, and wash it when I get to the destination.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts