New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what gauges those of you who have a pillar pod have in it, and more importantly, how one hooks up the gagues and installs the pod. I'm thinking of a volt meter and something else, but wanted input first. Thanks.

G

·
what's up!? i picked a volts meter ((my coug has been having problems with the lights dimming at high revs and high speed)) and air/fuel ratio. The air/fuel ratio for me is just for show- as there is little tuning purposes to having one. I have not had the gauges installed yet- as i opted the cheap route and bought a universal pod ((1/5th the price)) however this requires to be fitted to your a-pod. your best bet is chucking the extra 30 bucks unto getting the A pillar pod that fits our cars! As for installation- most gauges come with instructions. You can pick gauges up at any performance parts store. Or at Pepboy's, autozone, advanced auto parts etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Yea I wanted to get a volts guage (for my system) and an intake air temp. guage (I may be foolin' around with the intake this spring tryin to maximize its performance, i.e. cab or ram air)

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Yeah, I have Volt and A/F guages in mine. I like having the A/F guage there because its visible with the windown down, and at night I get a lot of looks :) But, everyone is right, its not practical... something like a Oil Press. or Water Temp might prove more useful. BUt come on, this is coming from people that upgrade rims and install bodykits & spoilers... whats the perfromance reason there? Its all for show.

As for install of the pillar pod... I just took the whole A-Pillar plastic covering off, measured the correct length and cut some of it off. The I put it back on (with the missing section). I then drilled the appropriate holes with the appropriate size drill bit (a little smaller than the screws to be used) and attached the pillar pod. Leave about a one inch over-lip between the Pillar Pod and the A-Pillar plastic covering.

Hope that makes since. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, I installed the Pillar Pod, Volt, and A/F guages myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. Just one more question though: how did you wire the gauges? I assume they need to run to the engine, so did you take off the dash and go through, or how was that done?

Thank you again.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I bought the a/f ratio gauge because I have been having tons of problems with my CEL. the shop told me it was one or more of four things: fuel filter, cracked spark plug (true), messed up wires (was true also, my WR intake setup was resting ontop of my ignition coil, and had worn down the rubber on the wire to cylinder 3, and the spark was jumping to the metal intake, rather than to the cylinder. I moved the intake out of the way, and it worked better for a few days, then my car started bogging again. Just cant fix things easily, i dont think god intends on me fixing my car any time soon. Oh well...) or the fourth possibility was a leaking valve cover gasket, which was true also...
Im just not going to screw with it anymore, ive replaced everything except for the wires, and those will be coming soon.

That explains why I recommend an A/F ratio gauge...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.