New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,519 Posts
i'm gunna agree with cat and put my money on puck... esp in if you want to go in the turns
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: Excelcier
OK Zack, I'm confused... you sold the Cougar cause you needed cash for school, now you turn around and buy a car of equal value?!?!?!?
yea I needed a car bad, borrowing the rents wasnt working out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,519 Posts
let me tinker under your hood for like 5 minutes then I will race your reiko
 
G

·
You find a badge on my car that says Neon anywhere... I will sign over the pink slip too you... Also the Dodge SRT-4 is longer and wider then a neon... also lower to the ground, stronger chassis, bigger brakes and etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,052 Posts
its a neon.. not a viper.. ;)
too bad the turbo lag and handling and LSD are lacking out of the box... otherwise it
would be a good all around car.. but alas its not..

back to the topic at hand..

Puck its all you man...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,925 Posts
Lemme get my 3L in and I'll run w/ ya. ;)

E1
 
G

·
Originally posted by: EricF
its a neon.. not a viper.. ;)
too bad the turbo lag and handling and LSD are lacking out of the box... otherwise it
would be a good all around car.. but alas its not..

back to the topic at hand..

Puck its all you man...
Your smoking crack... turbo is fully spooled at 2krpms and they come with a LSD and they have the best handling in it's class...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,052 Posts
best handling in class... Class "Sub-Compact FWD turbo"... there are a bunch of those in 2003 eh? SAABs?

Hey don't ask me if they were great for handling, autocrossers would have been all over them.. and they aren't yet..
the older neons still reign supreme.(granted different classing) But I think the main lack of interest in the autocrossing
arena is the wheelspin... if they eventually come with a LSD, that'd be better.

Don't get me wrong I respect the NEON SRT-4 for what it is.. a neat little economy sedan with a fast engine.

Obligatory Cougar Topic Content..
Pierre... take him... ;) you'll win.
 
G

·
Originally posted by: EricF
best handling in class... Class "Sub-Compact FWD turbo"... there are a bunch of those in 2003 eh? SAABs?

Hey don't ask me if they were great for handling, autocrossers would have been all over them.. and they aren't yet..
the older neons still reign supreme.(granted different classing)

Don't get me wrong I respect the NEON SRT-4 for what it is.. a neat little economy sedan with a fast engine.

Comparing a luxury compact to a sport compact is mixing your apples and oranges. The reason why they aren't all over the autocross scene is because SRT-4's are limited production vehicles. There is only about 3k on the road right now as we speak. And comparing a older neon that is probally modified to a stock car is again mixing your apples and oranges. And the SRT-4 is not a ecomony sedan with a fast engine otherwise mom's all over the place would be driving them.
;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by: ignernt
After seeing how Zack drives my money is definitely on Pierre. ;)
got 8 points on your license? what are you doing in MC anyways? :banhim:


Originally posted by: ReiKo
You find a badge on my car that says Neon anywhere... I will sign over the pink slip too you...
yea on the title, when can i expect my car?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,052 Posts
Reiko, I guess you didn't understand my statement you called it the best in its class...
well there isn't anything in its class...sub-compact SEDAN FWD turbo well none that
stick out in my mind

"And the [NEON] SRT-4 is not a ecomony sedan with a fast engine otherwise mom's all over the place would be driving them."
Of course not, cause they are limited like you said.. anything under 25k is considered economy.

not sure where you are going with this but considered it done.
Like I said i've got no problem with it...
"... I respect the NEON SRT-4 for what it is.. a neat little economy [sport] sedan with a fast engine. "

When you move into a Evo or STI then you move into a whole new class, I like what
Dodge has done to the NEON.. hopefully it'll spur the rest of the domestic industry to do the
same.. I know Chevy is planning something with the new cavalier(under a new name) lets
hope Ford can do the same.. (hopefully in something bigger than the Focus)
 
G

·
Originally posted by: EricF
Reiko, I guess you didn't understand my statement you called it the best in its class...
well there isn't anything in its class...sub-compact SEDAN FWD turbo well none that
stick out in my mind

"And the [NEON] SRT-4 is not a ecomony sedan with a fast engine otherwise mom's all over the place would be driving them."
Of course not, cause they are limited like you said.. anything under 25k is considered economy.

not sure where you are going with this but considered it done.
Like I said i've got no problem with it...
"... I respect the NEON SRT-4 for what it is.. a neat little economy [sport] sedan with a fast engine. "

When you move into a Evo or STI then you move into a whole new class, I like what
Dodge has done to the NEON.. hopefully it'll spur the rest of the domestic industry to do the
same.. I know Chevy is planning something with the new cavalier(under a new name) lets
hope Ford can do the same.. (hopefully in something bigger than the Focus)
I tottally understand what you said. But your missing my points. There ARE cars in it's class.. Ford Focus SVT, Nissian Spec-v type r, Mazda turboed protege, and so on and so forth. All my info is from Sport compact.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top