New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been talking about it alot lately, and now its finally done. I couldn't be happier with the results! It looks great and it sounds great. Consists of 2 12" Audiobahn 1205x's in a custom built fiberglass enclosure, which is sealed. A set of Concept 6.5" mids and tweets. Powered by 2 1200w Concept amplifiers, one for each sub, and a 400w Concept amplifier for the components, all on a custom built fiberglass "floating" amp rack. Hidden in the wheel well are 5 caps. 24volt, 1 farad. 1ga power wire, all of the wiring is Monster Cable. Underneath the hood, I put a circuit breaker instead of a fuse, since fuses run around $20 a pop. The full car is dynomatted, and I added a Exide Purple Haze battery. The install is SO neatly done, everything is very well hidden. Can barely see ANY wiring, except for the little bit that's going to the amplifiers. We metered the system for spl...and hit 147. The meter was an older one though, and they claim its not TOO accurate, so we'll hafta wait and see for the first sound-off to see what I hit. I'm very happy with how everything turned out, was definately worth the near $10,000 I spent on the whole setup. Awaiting install are 2 dvd screens, going into the visors, just need a dvd player first, then they will be in.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thats hott!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!! make me one???:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
sweet, how ya like the concept stuff so far? i've got 4 XT subs 2 800a amps, 1 100a amp, 4 sets of 6.5inch components, and their in dash dvd/mp3/cd but all i've got in my car is the dvd so far

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The box and the amplifier rack are both 100% fiberglass.

Sofar, I love the Concept stuff. I was gonna put PT's in the box, but went with Audiobahn's instead. Wishing I could somehow make a ZT fit in that box!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
very nice setup, i love it!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
10k in canada or us dollars? Looks very nice btw!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lights are coming. Just wanted to get everything installed and working first before I went with some un-necessary stuff! And, for those who are wondering, it was $10,000cdn.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
not smart to be goin for spl right after install unless youve had those things runnin for about 30 hours. it looks very hot tho, what does 10k canadian convert to down south? when i first heard 10k i almost choked, but i know thats considerably less down here.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they were broken in before-hand, no worries there!

its in the neighborhood of $8000us

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Looks great! now light that sucker up with some LEDs! lol

I say ditch that hatch cover! It doesnt allow us to see your awesome setup!

Slap a PS2 in your glove box to act as your DVD player! I love the PS2 fits there like ...a glove!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
I say ditch that hatch cover! It doesnt allow us to see your awesome setup!
True, but it also doesn't allow theives to see my awesome setup!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
then i would say NEVER turn your system up/on if your worried. thieves have ears too and can hear if something is expensive. so yea, seeing is just an extra little incentive for the deaf.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
hehe...Welll....

How about fiberglassing over the cover then? And painting something neato on it. You could possibly use it as a awesome above lighting source?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts