New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well John has been pestering me to post pics, so here they are. I picked up the Netami racing seats, Stangkiller harness bar (1 of 5 produced), and Schroth DOT legal harnesses that he had in his white Cougar before he picked up Crispy's orange beast. These things hold absolutely perfectly, I already tested them out at an autocross on Sunday. :tongue:

Here's the pics!

Thanks again, John, these are phenomenal. :evil:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Damn those look good dude

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only have 2 problems now because of the harnesses.

1. I have to remember to shut the door BEFORE I buckle up.
2. I have to remember to turn on the radar detector BEFORE I buckle up.

:tongue:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
2. I have to remember to turn on the radar detector BEFORE I buckle up.
You mean its not wired up to a switch????lol Jus playin bobbo. Why not wire it up on either accessory or better yet ignition. That way it will only be on when the key is on or better yet when the car is running.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Im with Whiteboy ... mine turns itself on ..... though i can reach it even if i was strapped in lol.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Really nice seats! Are they comfy? I've seen some that look painful.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You mean its not wired up to a switch????lol Jus playin bobbo. Why not wire it up on either accessory or better yet ignition. That way it will only be on when the key is on or better yet when the car is running.
I actually have all the wires ran already from my old Cobra radar detector, but this Beltronics that I bought is a different style. They sell a "hardwire" piece for like $10 that I can hardwire it in to the existing wires, just haven't gotten around to getting it yet.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you wanted to go all out with the radar detector; you could rip it apart and mount it in the front of the car by the grill. Then run some wiring back to the cab area for the display and the speaker. Mounting those some place in the dash. Then you wire the detector to what part of the car you want it to pull power from and how you want it to be on. An idea might be to wire it into the parking lights, but then you might look retarded driving down the road with the parking lights on.

I kinda hard of this idea from a co-worker that said the guy mounted the radar detector up in the grill of his car and then wired it to his seat to vibrate whenever it went off.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts